ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The full application fee deducted fr my bank when I booked

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Angelic80
Newly Registered

The full application fee deducted fr my bank when I booked

Post by Angelic80 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi, I am going to apply for ILR sometime in November and has recently booked an appointment to attend at PEO Sheffield. However, I checked my bank account today and found out that instead of deducting only £200 (myself & 1 dependent) appointment fee from my bank account, they have deducted the full amount, ie. £2,589 (for myself and my dependent). Anyone is in this similar situation?

Thanks!

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Re: The full application fee deducted fr my bank when I book

Post by sheraz_aries » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Angelic80 wrote:Hi, I am going to apply for ILR sometime in November and has recently booked an appointment to attend at PEO Sheffield. However, I checked my bank account today and found out that instead of deducting only £200 (myself & 1 dependent) appointment fee from my bank account, they have deducted the full amount, ie. £2,589 (for myself and my dependent). Anyone is in this similar situation?

Thanks!
Now they charge full amount at the time of making appointment.

Did you pay by credit card?

Sadaf Thomas
Newly Registered

Post by Sadaf Thomas » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:26 pm

Hi,

They take all the money at first, however if you do not attend or cancel, they will only keep £200 and will refund you the rest.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... rson/cost/

If you do not attend or have to cancel your appointment you can request a refund by email. A refund will only be given to the person that paid the fee(s) for the application. On your email please include your:
Name
Payment Number (found on your payment sheet and your i-apply account)
BRN (found on your confirmation email)
Name of the person who paid the fees if it was not you
The refund will take up to 28 days and will be issued onto the card used to pay the application fee(s). A refund onto an alternate card can only be issued if the original card has expired or been cancelled.
We will only refund the £100 appointment fee(s) if you cancel your appointment with more than 5 working days' notice. You will receive a refund of the remainder of the fee(s) that have been paid.
If you withdraw your application after you arrive at the PEO we will not refund the appointment fee(s). You will receive a refund of the remainder of the fee(s) that have been paid.
If you do not bring the payment sheet to your appointment your appointment will be cancelled and we will not refund the £100 appointment fee(s). You will receive a refund of the remainder of the fee(s) that have been paid.
If you do not attend your booked appointment, we will not refund the £100 appointment fee(s), unless there are exceptional circumstances that you tell us about within 5 working days of the appointment. You will receive a refund of the remainder of the fee(s) that have been paid. Exceptional circumstances could include:
Medical emergency (evidence should be in the form of doctors letters etc.)
Natural disaster
Domestic emergency (evidence should be letters from doctors, vets, builders, plumbers etc)
Unavoidable travel delays (evidence should be of your travel booking along with confirmation of delay by travel provider, roadside recovery etc)
Please email us at PEOAppointmentRefunds@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to let us know of any exceptional circumstances.

If you paid the £100 appointment fee(s) by phone between 8 April and 2 September and need to request a refund you can email us at PEOAppointmentRefunds@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. A refund will only be given to the person that paid the appointment fee(s). On your email please include your:

Name
Date of birth
BRN for the appointment (found on your confirmation email)
Reason that you are requesting a refund.
The refund will take up to 28 days and will be issued onto the card used to pay the appointment fee(s). A refund onto an alternate card can only be issued if the original card has expired or been cancelled.

Angelic80
Newly Registered

Post by Angelic80 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:34 am

Thanks so much guys for the infor! Really appreciate it! :)

Yes, I paid by credit card. As for the payment page on the application form (in my case, it's page 4 of Set O), I will still have to fill in my card details right? Just asking to be sure I am doing it right :)

Thanks again!