ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When does the counter for ILR start?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nouna

When does the counter for ILR start?

Post by nouna » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:15 pm

I would really appreciate if members of this great forum could help.. I got HSMP EC on 29 March for 2 years. The trick is that I should enter the country within a month from that date to be able to apply for ILR at the time my visa will expire (provided that I was successful in getting FLR) otherwise I will need another FLR to qualify for the 4 years and 11 months rule for ILR.

Now I am thinking of going to the UK for a quick 5 days visit within this month then leave and come back after a month or so after sorting out a few things in my country (selling car, giving notice to employer, etc). Would that 5 days visit be a good solution/workaround? I mean would the counter for my stay in the UK start from the day I enter the UK for that short visit or it wouldn't be counted as I left the country after only 5 days?

Really appreciate your advise. Thanks :)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:24 pm

I am slightly concerned by your use of the expression "for a quick 5 days visit" but you are entitled to enter the UK, and should it so happen that you need to leave shortly thereafter, only to return to the UK on a slightly later date, that would tend to work for you.

But steer away from the use of the word "visit". You are totally entitled to come to the UK to search for accommodation etc., before returning to your country to finalise your affairs.
John

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:41 pm

You dont need to mention "Visit" as John mentioned when u get to passport control @ the airport. You are comin as an HSMP and will be lookin for employment asap as the EC officer at the post will ask u if u;ve got a job at the moment.

Also dont mentioned u are comin to sort out ur accommodation as you've already mentioned in ur application for EC that u've got a place to stay so dont mix up ur stories as the EC officer will be askin different questions to know ur intent and believe me u'll start gettin nervous even if u are sayin the truth. Just come in and tell them u havent got a job yet.