ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help - Good character requirement - old drugs caution

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london90210
Newly Registered

Please help - Good character requirement - old drugs caution

Post by london90210 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:04 am

Hi all

Am hoping someone can help with my predicament. I want to apply for naturlisation but have a 5 year old police caution for drugs possession after a drunken night out with work colleagues. It was a silly mistake which I've regretted and have been of good character otherwise.

1) Will this impact the good character requirement? After reading the policy guidance issued 13 Sept I seem to be fine (in that it is older than 3 years, and the latest policy guide says that only multiple disposals showing a pattern of offending would then be a problem). However I've also read on these boards that good character is now used as the main reason for rejection, and there is obviously political pressure currently to cut down on immigration

2) Will i be able to process my application via NCS (or does the fact you've mentioned a police caution mean they won't process it there - am a bit confused why some people suggest NCS couldn't still post their application if it had anything unusal)

3) Should I try to write a defence to justify my good character

4) Would paying a solicitor/lawyer be any benefit to assist with this. The rest of my form is straightforward.

Many thanks for your kind help

Kevin

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:37 am

See Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting (click) Question 2&3. The caution will need to be declared on the new form and you should not need a legal adviser and the NCS will accept the case.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.