ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child on UK Passport - Indian VISA Query?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bagadbilla
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Child on UK Passport - Indian VISA Query?

Post by bagadbilla » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:06 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding Indian VISA.

My wife and I have an ILR status in the UK.

Our baby was born on the 30/09/2013 and we are in the process of applying for the child's UK passport which should be sorted out soon.

My question is:

Will the Child's UK passport need any VISA when travelling to India as the child's passport will be British despite both parent having Indian passports at present. I geuss when we plan in the near future to get naturalised, we still have the option to get OCI card, but I am not sure if such a thing will apply to the childs case. But at present I am more worried about the VISA issue since we intend to travel in the next 2 months.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated

Regards
Siddharth

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Yes will need a visa to travel to India. Check with HCI london if they will do OSCI only for the child.

pragneshmpatel

Post by pragneshmpatel » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:28 pm

yes you need visa.
Second option is apply for POI card for your child as he/she will not be eligible for OCI until you become british