ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The Netherlands skilled migration

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arm
Member of Standing

The Netherlands skilled migration

Post by arm » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:55 pm

Hi all,

My employer want that I start working in the Netherlands and want to make for me Highly skilled migration.
Could you please let me know where I can find information about this program. I am using www.ind.nl but there is not much information about it.
I'm interested in the folloing questions. What the difference between usual work permit and Skilled migrations program.
Can I work only one employer holding skilled migrant visa or I'm free to work for any employer?

Thanks in advance.

gani999

Post by gani999 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:00 am

The Dutch skilled migration program (or kennismigratie as they call it) is not like the similar programs in the UK or elsewhere. It is similar to the regualr Dutch work visa (coupled with an MVV, if you happen to be from a country that requires it), the only difference being that you don't require a work permit if you qualify. You will still need an employer who has given you a firm contract before you can apply.

I'm think you can switch employers, but I think you'll need to work with the first employer for at least one year before you can shift.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:22 pm

Hi gani999,

Thank you very much for your reply.

One question.

How long should I stay in Holland with this program to have Permanent Residance?