ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A mistake on my wife’s spouse visa application!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZD

A mistake on my wife’s spouse visa application!

Post by ZD » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:04 pm

Hi all.

I was speaking to my wife regarding her spouse visa application form and have come to realise that one of the dates on the form *could* be wrong. In the section where they ask you previous marriage details, I said I was married in Dec 2001, when in actual fact I was married in Dec 2000. [2001 is when I applied for my divorce]. I have submitted an original copy of the decree absolute but I am wondering what my wife should do next?

Should she enter the interview and explain the mistake to them or should she remain silent and wait until the ECO questions her on this point and then explain the mistake? I’m now worried that the mistake may jeopardize her application.

Any information is appreciated! Thanks.

ZD

Post by ZD » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:37 pm

Hi all, sorry to be a pain here, but does anyone have any info that may be of help? My wife's interview is on the 10th April!

Thanks!