ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for PR after divorce.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jorge

When to apply for PR after divorce.

Post by jorge » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:41 pm

My Friend has Residence Card valid for 5 years as an eu family member. it left two years to expire but she's waiting for decree absolute.

1- When she will ask for the rights of retaintion, what she'll get? another five years or two years?

2- she has been living in england for 3 years and married with eu national. When she'll apply for her PR after she got her rights of retain in UK?

3- or She can apply for PR when she complete her five years living in UK?

Thanks in advance

Imshzd

Re: When to apply for PR after divorce.

Post by Imshzd » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:05 pm

jorge wrote:My Friend has Residence Card valid for 5 years as an eu family member. it left two years to expire but she's waiting for decree absolute.

1- When she will ask for the rights of retaintion, what she'll get? another five years or two years?

Will get another 5 years.

2- she has been living in england for 3 years and married with eu national. When she'll apply for her PR after she got her rights of retain in UK?

After 5 years of Marraige.

3- or She can apply for PR when she complete her five years living in UK?

5 years under EU regulations.

Thanks in advance

jorge

Post by jorge » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:40 pm

I didn't understand your Answers.

If the person have been living in UK for 3 years and she has 5 years residence card then got divorce and successful aplied for rights of retaintion. To apply for PR she must apply after complete five years UK? or 8 years in Uk.

If I did understand you right! because the person has been living in UK for 3 years if Home office give her another 5 years on rights of retain then she must wait for total 8 years to apply for PR!

ikalee31
Newly Registered

Post by ikalee31 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi
Have a look at my thread.You may find some useful info. Quite similar situation. Hope this helps.
:)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 112#930112

jorge

Post by jorge » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:06 am

Thank you Ikalee31 for your links it helps.