ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

referees and photograph

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rangeel

referees and photograph

Post by rangeel » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi All

I have NCS appointment next week for naturalization. Two referees already signed for me last week, where I attached bit older photograph. I have seen on forum that photograph must be within last six months.

In this case, what I need to do ? Can I take new photograph now and send the form ? Coz, the referees are not in the city until another few weeks. Early signed by referees than photograph will be a problem or not ?

Thanks for your suggestions.
Rangeel

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: referees and photograph

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:32 pm

rangeel wrote:Hi All

I have NCS appointment next week for naturalization. Two referees already signed for me last week, where I attached bit older photograph. I have seen on forum that photograph must be within last six months.

In this case, what I need to do ? Can I take new photograph now and send the form ? Coz, the referees are not in the city until another few weeks. Early signed by referees than photograph will be a problem or not ?

Thanks for your suggestions.
Rangeel
If you've used those photograph's else where (Related to UKBA) then yes you might need new one. Second most important is make sure that the date your referees have signed is after your signed declaration.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Tuvoc

Post by Tuvoc » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:55 pm

Damanisshallo wrote: Second most important is make sure that the date your referees have signed is after your signed declaration.
That is a trap !! I don't see that instruction anywhere.

One of my referees is the same date, and the other is after. Should be OK then.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:58 pm

Referees can sign up to 6 months before the Home Office receive the application. It need not be after the applicant has signed.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:50 pm

Tuvoc wrote:That is a trap !! I don't see that instruction anywhere.

This is Cognitive Science, depends from person to person. Though there is no written requirement for such a thing. But to be on a safer side it is advisable to get it signed by the referee either on the same day or after the applicant's signature.

However, the IDI looks if the form was signed within 6 months but from the quote below, it does indicates that the referee is signing the form to confirm the identity, character yela yela yela... What if the referee has signed a form and the applicant gets involved in a mysterious incident?

Again, its the applicant's choice but If I had to, then I'd sign first and then go to the referee for him to say that I had a clean sheet on the date I signed

A guide for applicants @ Page 12 wrote:You must sign the form yourself. If you cannot sign the form you must make a mark or a fingerprint and ask one of your referees to sign saying that it is your mark or fingerprint.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:

This is Cognitive Science, depends from person to person. Though there is no written requirement for such a thing. But to be on a safer side it is advisable to get it signed by the referee either on the same day or after the applicant's signature.

However, the IDI looks if the form was signed within 6 months but from the quote below, it does indicates that the referee is signing the form to confirm the identity, character yela yela yela... What if the referee has signed a form and the applicant gets involved in a mysterious incident?

Again, its the applicant's choice but If I had to, then I'd sign first and then go to the referee for him to say that I had a clean sheet on the date I signed

A guide for applicants @ Page 12 wrote:You must sign the form yourself. If you cannot sign the form you must make a mark or a fingerprint and ask one of your referees to sign saying that it is your mark or fingerprint.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:44 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:

There have been instances where Check & Send have returned the applications to get these dates corrected. Unfortunately, there aren't any written proofs (I wish there were). Again, it is completely to the applicant but is it worth risking????
Skydrives, Templates

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:45 pm

Yes but check and send is for Passports the OP is asking about naturilisation.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:56 pm

I am speaking "in general"...which could be any application in general ...it could be anything from Job Application to a School Application...I am not being specific to Naturalization. With the kind of track record UKBA has, it is always better to play safe than assumptions (that this would only apply to Passports and not Naturalization Apps)

Its always good to argue (Constructive Discussion) to come to a conclusion but where we make a conclusion first, we might argue for ever to prove each others point...
Skydrives, Templates

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:32 pm

D4109125 wrote:Referees can sign up to 6 months before the Home Office receive the application. It need not be after the applicant has signed.
Please clarify where does it say that applicant needs to sign before the referee? I thought I sign the declaration the day i submit to ncs?

I have just passed it today and ncs didn't say anything about it. I put today date but my referee already signed it few weeks back?

Am In trouble? :(

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:40 pm

nionlight wrote:
D4109125 wrote:Referees can sign up to 6 months before the Home Office receive the application. It need not be after the applicant has signed.
Please clarify where does it say that applicant needs to sign before the referee? I thought I sign the declaration the day i submit to ncs?

I have just passed it today and ncs didn't say anything about it. I put today date but my referee already signed it few weeks back?

I think you missed the negative in D4109125's post. Read it again slowly.

You are fine.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:41 pm

nionlight wrote:

Not really, If they've accepted your application then its well good. At some places, NCS may refuse to accept applications if they aren't convinced. Its only a suggestion though.
Skydrives, Templates

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:42 pm

hahha just realized you said NEED NOT. sorry I was scared :lol:

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:53 pm

rangeel wrote:Hi All,

Just would like to do small inquiry of AN form in section 3.

My wife will be applying naturalization in few days. We got small baby and she is not doing any job. What she can write in 3.1, 3.2, 3.3,3.4 and 3.5. These all are about employment. She is not doing any job. So, it would be better to leave the sections blank or anything she need to write ?

Waiting for your response.

Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:54 pm

You can write homemaker and leave the rest blank.