ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WANT TO CANCEL WIFES VISA 2 STAY UK - SHE'S BEEN 2 TIMING ME

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HEARTBROKEN01
Newly Registered

WANT TO CANCEL WIFES VISA 2 STAY UK - SHE'S BEEN 2 TIMING ME

Post by HEARTBROKEN01 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:27 am

All
Need some desperate advice from you folks please if you dont mind.
My wife came to this country on a spouse visa in 2005. Her visa expires at the end of April 2007 which is in a few weeks.

Im a british citizen, We were happy 2gether, until I found out she was sleeping with someone else - so to cut a long story short I want her out of my life.

Can someone tell me how I would contact the Immigration people to tell them I wont be extending her stay in the UK and to send her back to pakistan. And I believe there are forms you can download and send to do this aswell. Anyone able to provide links

Any guidance - or advice would be good

Thanks
Mr Heartbroken01

douces

Post by douces » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:14 am

address is ind 40 welesley road croydon cr9 2by include her full name and date of birth

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:15 am

You have no right or power yourself to control her life as a result of your frustration of the unfortunate outcome of your relationship. YOU cannot extend her stay, shorten it or get her out of the country. It is all the matter of how the particular Immigration Rules apply to her situation and not a matter how you may be feeling and whether you wish to revenge her on what she has done to you. In the latter case, it might even turn bad for you.

What you feel about it is undestandable and it is the business between you and her. The Border and Immigration Agency do not have a legal power to invade your private life.

The applicable Immigration Rules come into effect if:
- She no longer lives with you. Then she might be interviwed and the IO may recommend a curtailment of leave to remain, although the practice shows it is unlikely to happen
- If you do not live together at the end of her leave to remain, she will be ineligible to apply for ILR although she may be eligible to apply under other categories in her own right.

Suggest you maintain your dignity, do not lose control of your mind or give in to your emotions or feeling of revenge - if you feel betrayed, talk to her, explain the situation, tell her that her actions affect your relationship and she may be ineligible to contrinue to remain in the country.

Best wishes

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:31 am

Jeff is right, I think.

True, don't let what is happening now affect how you treat this. If you are just doing it to be malicious, it might just turn against you. Best to keep cool.

If you want to divorce her, then apply for divorce procedures in the right manner. She will probably not be able to apply for ILR (indefinate leave to remain) as a spouse of a British Citizen/permanent resident, because she would have to proove you are still married, and you yourself will have to fill in part of the form. So you can refuse to do this (you should anyway, if you are not going to be together).

You can also inform the BIA that you are no longer together, but to ask them to deport her isn't down to you, since you don't have that right. Simply state you have started divorce proceedings and that she is not eligible to apply for ILR, as you do not want to sponsor her.

Although I should also ask- isn't there any chance of working this out?

Prince1

Post by Prince1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:13 pm

Jeff is spot on!.... PLUS

Be careful to first look after yourself and your well being.

Second, document every information you send to the Home Office (Recorded delivery and personal copies) especially if she is still living with you.

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Sun May 27, 2007 11:33 pm

welll...just let her go....i dont know whether she can extend her visa without u...why force her..just file a divorce...

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Mon May 28, 2007 12:37 pm

GUYS!!!!Can`t you see????ITS A TROLL

Jing Wu
Newly Registered

abc

Post by Jing Wu » Mon May 28, 2007 5:04 pm

abc
Last edited by Jing Wu on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hammad
Newly Registered

lool

Post by hammad » Tue May 29, 2007 11:08 pm

lol thats funny

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Wed May 30, 2007 11:39 am

Hammad,
I find nothing funny in this entire case, other than a pathetic culture of male domination over women.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Wed May 30, 2007 6:59 pm

Siggi wrote:Hammad,
I find nothing funny in this entire case, other than a pathetic culture of male domination over women.

100% agree
Magsi