ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

working whilst waiting

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eve81
Newly Registered
Peru

working whilst waiting

Post by eve81 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi guys,

Currently waiting for my husbands SET(M) Ilr. Not expecting to here anytime soon, (only been waiting 6 weeks!) looking at the current waiting times, however at the time of application he did not have a job, but he recently applied and got a part time job, he went to training this morning, and they basically have sent him home, saying he needs proof/letter from the home office to state he is allowed to work. His visa ran out September 29th

Is he allowed to work? and how do we obtain one? im so upset as he has been so unlucky with employment in the two years he has been on a souse visa, now a opportunity at last has come up, and yet another issue!

please please please help, as they are keeping the job open a short time till we can get hold of proof,

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:34 pm

Here's the link to the UKBA advice line for employers where the right to work can be checked (by the employer) and confirmed.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... pport/ecs/

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.