ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependent Application Form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

venigalla999
Newly Registered

ILR Dependent Application Form

Post by venigalla999 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:14 pm

Hi I am eligible for ILR(5years on tier1) and my wife is on Tier 1 Dependent she came to UK 3months ago.I am switching to ILR (SET (O)) and what dependent application form do i need to submit to my wife???
Thanks in advance

FGNZ
Newly Registered

Post by FGNZ » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:16 am

BUMP - I have the same question.

My Tier One (General) expires: 29th November 2013 - which I will be applying for Indefinite leave to remain SET (O) Same day Premium Service On the 8th of November 2013, in Croydon (about to book today).

My Wife (we are both on NZ passports) became a dependant on my visa this year.
Her visa was issued in New Zealand: 24th May 2013
She entered the UK on: 5th June 2013

Should my wife apply using the FLR(M) Form?

Can we both apply in person on the 8th of November?

As a first time poster - but long time browser of this forum, thank you all for unbiased and clear information in the past!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:32 am

Assuming you are applying for ILR as a PBS applicant see, Dependants of ILR (economic, 5 year route) applicants (click).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

redbull110

Post by redbull110 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:46 am

Hi Amber,

With regards to maintenace of my wife who got PBS Tier 1 dependant visa this year and joined me in Feb this year, is it fine if I add my bank statements and pay slips for previous 3 months?

She do not have any bank account so far.

Let me know if this is acceptable.
I am making her apply on Tier1 PBS form, and my ILR application is still outstanding with HO.

Regards,

REDBULL110

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:47 pm

redbull110 Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:01 pm

venigalla999 wrote:Hi I have switched my VISA from Tier 1 General(5 year route) to ILR last month and my wife came to UK on Jun 2013 under Tier 1 General Dependant category which expires on Jan 2016.

My question is I switched my VISA to ILR so do i need to change my wifes Visa status also?? If so please let me know which visa do i need to apply??
and how long does she need to wait for ILR??

Thanks in advance
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Amber_ wrote:She may continue with that leave and then extend as a PBS dep before it expires until such time as she completes 5 years and then can apply for settlement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

venigalla999
Newly Registered

Post by venigalla999 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:26 pm

Thanks for the info.

She came to UK in Jun 2013 so if she stayed on Tier 1 General Dependent and extend via PBS later then she will be eligible for ILR on Jun 2018.

If she migrated to FLR(M) now does she need to complete 5years from the date of the FLR(M) approval for ILR???For example Dec 2018 or will she eligible for ILR on Jun 2018??

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:59 pm

The former:
venigalla999 wrote:need to complete 5years from the date of the FLR(M) approval for ILR

venigalla999
Newly Registered

Post by venigalla999 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:45 pm

One of my mate forwaded an email response from home office enquiry autogenerated one. Is the below statement still applicable or any changes made???

Q. I am the dependant of a PBS Migrant who has now become settled in the UK. Do I need to switch into the ‘Partner of a Settled Person’ category?
A. This will depend on how the PBS Migrant applied for settlement. If they were granted on the basis of being a PBS Migrant (under Tier 1 or Tier 2) then you will not need to switch and you can apply for an extension as a PBS dependant until you meet the requirements for settlement yourself.
If the PBS Migrant applied for settlement under the Long Residency provision, then you can no longer be considered as a PBS Dependant and you must apply for Leave to Remain as the ‘Partner of a Settled Person’ on application form FLR(M).

If the above statements are still applicable then my wife can stay on in the Tier 1 Dependant visa till jan 2016 and later she can extend via PBS dependent.

Please confirm me vinny??

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:21 pm