ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appointment at PEO, What is the Home office policy ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Serinna
Newly Registered

Appointment at PEO, What is the Home office policy ?

Post by Serinna » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:16 pm

Hi everyone, Happy easter.
I complete my 2 years spouse visa on 25th of april, but I have entered the country on the 20th of may, which gives me acording to 28 days HO policy only 3 days to apply fo ILR, and the first qualifying day to apply comes to 23rd of april. Obviously, I dont want to risk and I decided to make an appointment with PEO on one of the three qualifying days. According to their 2 weeks prior-booking rules they told me to call 2 weeks before the date when I want to make an appointment, which is what I have done, and guess what they answer: Now I am only able to make an appointment only on the first day since I become qualified, which is 23rd of april. So I have to call on 23rd to try to make an appointment on 23 or 24 which is madness and will never happened.I am really confused what is the right way? And really does it really matter what dates shoud I tell them as long I as I get an appointment in right day? Any advise please? Many thanks in advance. :!: :!: :!: :!:

Serinna
Newly Registered

Post by Serinna » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:04 am

AnyONE?

PeterKane
Newly Registered

Post by PeterKane » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:27 am

The level of competence varies across operators, so keep ringing. Also, tell them you want to get an appointment for date xx, which you know you'll be eligible to apply.

Serinna
Newly Registered

Post by Serinna » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:07 pm

Thank you Peter, really appreciate your help. Do they cross check at the PEO when I have made an appoitment and on which background? Thanks