ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences from UK - Expert confirmation please?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Absences from UK - Expert confirmation please?

Post by anirban_paul » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:31 pm

The current Guidance Says:
No more than 180 whole days absence are allowed in any of the five, two, three or four consecutive 12 month periods, depending on the category, preceding the date of the application for indefinite leave to remain (ILR).

I know it is in plain and simple english but as it is my ILR, and am applying on my own, I am very concerned and would like to be 100% sure about my status.

Question: I have been out of UK (for unpaid personal holidays) 45 days in last 12 months but 210 days (unpaid personal holidays) over the last 5 years (with no 180 days over single 12 months).
So, does this mean that I have not broken the continuous period period of stay? I thought previously it was total 180 days over 5 years.

If any expert can confirm this I would be grateful.

Thank you in advance!
Anir :)

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Re: Absences from UK - Expert confirmation please?

Post by anirban_paul » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:52 pm

Anyone help please?

Thank you

Anir

Soban

Re: Absences from UK - Expert confirmation please?

Post by Soban » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:22 am

anirban_paul wrote:Anyone help please?

Thank you

Anir
You should be ok anir.
--