ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit Visa (Short Term)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kspattees
Newly Registered

Family Visit Visa (Short Term)

Post by kspattees » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:16 pm

I am in ILR visa and like to invite my mother to UK for short term in family visitors visa.

I am planning to submit following documents as sponsorship:-

1. Invitation letter
2. Passport photo copy
2. Biometric card photo copy
3. Home office letter confirming permission to stay in UK
4. Last 6 months bank statements

Applicant's Documents:-
--------------------------
1. Passport
2. Passport size photo
3. Marriage certificate or civil partner ship certificate
4. School transfer certificate (TC)
5. Bank statements

Kindly please clarify following points:

1. My parents does not have marriage certificate. Is marriage certificate mandatory? if so, can I submit any other alternative document?

2. Please provide sample invitation letter

3. Do I need to submit sponsorship declaration document? if so, please provide sample sponsorship declaration document.

4. Please provide sample covering letter.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Declaration? If you are referring to SU07, that is not required in this category. You will need to provide a letter of invitation saying she can stay with you in your house. However, in addition, your list lacks any evidence of her social and economic ties to the homeland. If she has nothing relevant then provide information about her husband. Jobs, pensions, property; whatever they have that might motivate her return rather than simply remaining with you in the comfort of a mature welfare state.

If you can't show they are married that could be a problem. A mountain of jointly-named or shared official instruments (documents) might stand in lieu but I can't give you any assurances.