ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help job needed for my husband to apply for eu1 card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

annoyed2013

Please help job needed for my husband to apply for eu1 card

Post by annoyed2013 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:51 pm

Hello
please i would like your help regarding my situation. my husband didn t find a job we ve been looking more than one month and nothing coming.
I don t really what to do . is it possible to extend the 3 months visa if he doesn t get a job. what alternatives have i got? thanks a lot

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Annoyed2013 please don't be annoyed lol, the 3 months rule is not enforced in most member states, Ireland included, as long as you have not asked for public funds from the state, no one will bother you, whenever he finds a job, you simply just need to apply as normal.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:34 pm

The 3 months rule is not really enforced for EU citizens ... For their non EU family members I wouldn't take it too lightly (if her husband doesn't get a job and she stays in Ireland and gets caught, she will have a document history of overstaying a visa which might come back everyone she enters the UK or Ireland).

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Exactly jeupsy .if I don t apply before the end of those 3months then big trouble. That s why I m annoyed dalebutt, lol.all this paperwork is tough .as soon as we pass a step the next is harder, we r not asking for much just being together .

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:13 pm

annoyed2013 wrote:Exactly jeupsy .if I don t apply before the end of those 3months then big trouble. That s why I m annoyed dalebutt, lol.all this paperwork is tough .as soon as we pass a step the next is harder, we r not asking for much just being together .
That's simply not exactly right, I have been in this position before, in fact it took my spouse about 6 months to secure employment, not a problem if your spouse is not claiming JSA for example or HB.

Is your spouse registered with FAS? Remember your spouse is still a worker so long he is actively seeking employment and he his registered with FAS and that could be as long as 6 months, the same right will be accorded to you.

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Thx for this information dalebutt. He s not registered with FAS I don t know even what it is. We are not willing to claim anything from government. Would u please tell me what have u done when.ur 3months stamp expired?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:11 pm

You simply do not have to do anything if the 3 months lapses without yet securing employment other than for him to continue searching for jobs, but to avoid any red tape, it is better for him to register with FAS as a jobseeker, FAS is the UK equivalent of the Job centre. A jobseeker is regarded as a worker and to be recognised as a worker by the Irish government he needs to be registered with FAS, that way he is still exercising his treaty rights and you are covered by that.

http://www.fas.ie/en/

http://www.fas.ie/en/job+seeker/Home/default.htm

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:52 pm

Thx a lot for this precious advice. I ll find out about it tomorrow, the thing is, we got the wrong information as we went to the job centre and they told us that only Irish people do register!

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:08 pm

hi dalebutt ,checked the FAS website it doesn t say anywhere how to register with them . please tell me how your wife did register ? thanks

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:15 pm

hi guys, my husband got a job as a waiter in a pub but only 30 hours a week. is that ok to apply for the visa? i m not gonna be able to submit the payslips. how can proceed with my visa aplication? help appreciated

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:06 am

Why can't you get pay-slips? (I take it you mean for your spouse?) If the job is 'cash in hand' that won't work! It must be formalized, i.e. by pay-slips or a formal contract.

Try to get him to speak to his employer and explain that he needs pay-slips.

What about registering with some recruitment agencies? If he speaks another European language, there are some call centre jobs.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:44 am

annoyed2013 wrote:hi guys, my husband got a job as a waiter in a pub but only 30 hours a week. is that ok to apply for the visa? i m not gonna be able to submit the payslips. how can proceed with my visa aplication? help appreciated
Congratulations annoyed.I reckon you will no longer be annoyed or at least for the moment lol, if I understood your post, you mean because your spouse have just started work, payslips won't be ready till when he start getting paid? if that's the case, does he have a letter confirming employment? you can apply with the letter of employment and write a letter supporting your application, explaining why he doesn't have payslips as yet, telling them you will send them in as soon as they are available they will understand. 30 hours a week work is more than sufficient.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:33 am

My EU spouse got the first payslip this week. We will apply for EU1 after having 2 payslips. But the problem is that employer is not providing any written contract. Although employer is paying tax & all.

Do you guys think it will be ok?

Another concern is that we have rented a room in Dublin in a family house. The room is not registered with PRTB. The owner gave us a letter stating we are living with him. Will it be sufficient?

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:08 am

lool dalebutt, yes at the moment less annoyed! thanks for your help.
yes payslips need 2 months work to get them and he has got the contract for now. do we need this letter or contract is sufficient? another matter first utility bill is coming after 1 month and still waiting for prtb that takes apparently weeks. shall I apply without all those papers?

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:14 am

masterboy i think you need contract for the job. and as far as i know prtb letter is necessar to have

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:12 pm

how can i show utility bill because we are renting a room in a family house and bills are under the name of the landlord?

What landlord has to do to register with PRTB?

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:30 pm

ask the lanlord to put the bills on your names. for prtb check this http://www.prtb.ie/

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:27 pm

If the landlord is living in the house with you, then you are not a tenant and I think he cannot register a tenancy with the ptrb. In this case a letter from him saying that you are living there should be ok, and he will need to tell the tax office that he is earning income from lodgers in his house (he can earn ten thousand euro per year from this tax free, if the earns more than ten thousand per year he must pay tax on the full amount). If he registers a tenancy with the ptrb he will also not be able to get the ten thousand income tax free.

By law the employer is obliged to give a contract,but it is unwise to ask for one, as she may find herself unemployed. It is best to simply send in the payslips and say nothing about the contract. With luck the payslips will be enough.

You can get a phone on contract and this is a utility bill. Also when the TV licience is due to be renewed, ask the landlord if it can be done in your name. Also your wife (and maybe you also) can try to register to vote in the local elections using that address, this is free, you just fill up an application form. Then your name is on official documentation.
BL

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks Brigid.

Yes, the owner is living in the same house. He lives downstairs and we are living upstairs.
We already have a letter from him stating we two are renting a room. I am not sure if hes registered with the tax office. Does it matter for us?

I read from other posts that postpaid mobile bills is not considered as utility bill. Although our joint bank account statement will arrive on this address.

Please tell me how we can register to vote in the local elections. I will do it right away.

Brigid from Ireland wrote:If the landlord is living in the house with you, then you are not a tenant and I think he cannot register a tenancy with the ptrb. In this case a letter from him saying that you are living there should be ok, and he will need to tell the tax office that he is earning income from lodgers in his house (he can earn ten thousand euro per year from this tax free, if the earns more than ten thousand per year he must pay tax on the full amount).

By law the employer is obliged to give a contract,but it is unwise to ask for one, as she may find herself unemployed. It is best to simply send in the payslips and say nothing about the contract. With luck the payslips will be enough.

You can get a phone on contract and this is a utility bill. Also when the TV licience is due to be renewed, ask the landlord if it can be done in your name. Also your wife (and maybe you also) can try to register to vote in the local elections using that address, this is free, you just fill up an application form. Then your name is on official documentation.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:18 pm

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/go ... _vote.html

If you google 'elections register to vote' you should find the citizens information web page, I have given a link above, and it has a link to a copy of the application form RFA1 which you both use to register to vote. Non EU can vote in local elections, Eu can vote in local and European, neither of you can vote for the Dail or referendum. The next elections are local, so you should register. It is also important to vote, as politicians tend to adjust laws on the basis of whether or not a particular group are likely to vote. So they have reduced social welfare for the young (who do not generally bother to vote) but are very slow to cut anything that impacts on the old people (old people vote). So immigrants need to become known as a group who will vote, otherwise cuts will be made to things that affect immigrants. When the voting card is sent to you, you should keep this (you can show it to the official at the voting station, but he does not need to keep it), and it is proof that you received it and it is proof that you lived at that address.

It does not matter for you if the owner does not register with the tax office (it is his responsibility, not yours). It does matter for him, because if he fails to register he cannot claim the ten thousand euro income free of tax, so they can bill him for tax on the rental income for any year he does not register.

The phone is accepted as a utility bill by at least some places - I know that social welfare accept it, but not sure about immigration office.
BL

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Ok thanks for guiding me through.

The RFA1 is for Correction of Details who are already registered.

As far as I understood I have to apply for RFA form and my EU spouse for RFA as well as EP1 form. And we can get these forms at local post office.

Correct me if I am wrong please.

Also, i just noticed now:
To be eligible to be included on the Register of Electors, you must:

- Be at least 18 years old on the day the Register comes into force (15 February)
- Have been ordinarily resident in the State on 1 September in the year preceding the coming into force of the Register.

We arrived in Dublin in October this year, meaning we are not eligible.

:(

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Please anyone knows if it s necessar to submit tax credit certificate as we have neither p60 nor p45. and if so how can i get it ? thanks

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:04 am

The tax credit certificate should be issued automatically by revenue when you/your spouse is registered by their employer as an employee of that business. It should be sent to your home address (usually whatever address you gave your employer). Otherwise it is sent once a year, usually in January.

You could try to get a copy by phone or e-mail contact with revenue, as these things do get lost in the post,so just ask for one to be issued.

Regarding the vote, I never noticed that you needed to be living in Ireland for a time before you could register. Make sure you register next year, as immigrant failure to vote is a big problem for the immigrant community.
BL