ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hari.vadlapati
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by hari.vadlapati » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:32 am

Hi - I have passed the Life in the UK test last week. And I heard that the pattern will be changing from 28th Oct 2013.

Do I need to take the exam again or can I go with the already passed certificate, if I am applying for ILR after 28th Oct 2013.

Thanks Hari.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:34 am

Your LIUK still stands. However unless you're exempt you need to meet a B1 English requirement. Are you a PBS applicant? Do you have a degree which was taught in English?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:11 pm

hari.vadlapati PM wrote:Tnks for the response.

Yes I am a PBS applicant and my degree was taught in English.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:12 pm

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:02 am

hari.vadlapati wrote:Hi, I am applying for ILR in UK in the first week of November.

My question is if I don't have any plans of travelling out of UK for the next 6 months then is it safe to post the ILR application rather than one day premium service?? Please let me know if any one have recently applied thru post and how long it took.

Also were there any queries posted by UKBA regarding those post applications.

Thanks Hari.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:04 am

It all depends on your case complications and your route to ILR. If you are applying through economic route or Long residency. Also it is worth having a look at this spread sheet.

But again, it completely depends on the case worker and your luck.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates