ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newbie.scott

Marriage Certificate

Post by newbie.scott » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi

I married in August 2013, applied for my wife settlement visa(Hyderabad vfs-Chennai High commission) in September.

It was a Christian marriage, held in Andhra region. During this time everyone in the government are under strike(Andra/Telengana Issue), so I could not get my marriage registered. I tried to get certificate from my city( Hyderabad), but my local registrar refused to register it as my marriage was held in Andhra region. I met Chief Commissioner of Revenues to complain about it, but he mentioned even if I apply for registration in Hyderabad, it would take a month, since it was a Christian marriage. I met several NRIs like me at Chief Commissioner office, who could not get their marriage registered due to the strike. He suggested me to attest my Church marriage certificate by the Govt of AP, if I am in hurry. As i am running out of my documents validity(Bank statements, etc) set by UKBA(28 days) + my holidays, I went ahead to get my Church marriage certificate attested by the Govt of AP Secretariat. Then my wife applied for visa at Hyderabad vfs center.

I am wondering would this become a problem at UKBA in issuing visa? Marriage related documents I provided are:
1) Church marriage certificate + attested by the Government of AP
2) Church father letter confirming the marriage
3) Photocopy of Bishops letter authorizing Church father to conduct marriages according to the Indian constitution.
4) Photocopy of Indian Christian marriage act from the Indian constitution - which permits Church father to solemnize marriages.
5) Marriage Photos
6) Marriage Function Hall receipts
7) Marriage Hotel booking receipts
8 ) Brides marriage shopping (Gold, clothes) receipts
9) Grooms marriage shopping (Gold, clothes) receipts
10) Grooms flight tickets to India + boarding passes, confirming the travel for marriage
11) Engagement photos
12) Grooms flight tickets to India + boarding passes, confirming the travel for Engagement

In case if they reject my wife's visa, I guess I will have about 28days to appeal. Now the Government employees are called off the strike and back to work. So I am thinking of asking my wife to apply for the marriage certificate in Andhra region where my marriage was conducted.

Do you think does this requires me to go back India, to sign on the Govt marriage certificate? or can they issue without my presence? Also, is there anyway(may be from court) i could acquire Govt marriage certificate?

Thanks for your help/comments/suggestions in advance.
N

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Marriage Certificate

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:29 pm

newbie.scott wrote: In case if they reject my wife's visa, I guess I will have about 28days to appeal. Now the Government employees are called off the strike and back to work.

So I am thinking of asking my wife to apply for the marriage certificate in Andhra region where my marriage was conducted.

The situation in this region (Compared to Telangana) is even worst as they are on the receiving end. But you can try. However, they claim that the situation has restored to normalcy in seemandhra But for how long?

Do you think does this requires me to go back India, to sign on the Govt marriage certificate? or can they issue without my presence? Also, is there anyway(may be from court) i could acquire Govt marriage certificate?

I doubt if this can be done with out your physical presence
A friend of mine had similar kind of issue few years back (Inter-State) so rather than knocking every Govt Office doors, He just register married again (to the same lady) and got it sorted within a week.

With the current situation in AP, I'd be surprised if this can happen within a week.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

newbie.scott

Re: Marriage Certificate

Post by newbie.scott » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:28 pm

Thanks Damanisshallo for ur suggestions.
I guess it looks like i better off applying at Hyderabad, where I am native, rather then going back to Andhra, not sure when they start strike again.
Cheers
N

Damanisshallo wrote:
newbie.scott wrote: In case if they reject my wife's visa, I guess I will have about 28days to appeal. Now the Government employees are called off the strike and back to work.

So I am thinking of asking my wife to apply for the marriage certificate in Andhra region where my marriage was conducted.

The situation in this region (Compared to Telangana) is even worst as they are on the receiving end. But you can try. However, they claim that the situation has restored to normalcy in seemandhra But for how long?

I doubt if this can be done with out your physical presence
A friend of mine had similar kind of issue few years back (Inter-State) so rather than knocking every Govt Office doors, He just register married again (to the same lady) and got it sorted within a week.

With the current situation in AP, I'd be surprised if this can happen within a week.