ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 month Visitors visa financial requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

6 month Visitors visa financial requirement

Post by limey10 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:12 pm

Hi all.

Is there any financial requirement for a 6 month visitors visa?

They ask lots of financial questions about the visit, but is there a particular level of income or savings that they are looking for.

Also, can a 6 month visa be extended from within the UK?

Thanks in advance

Philip Morgan

z18runway

Re: 6 month Visitors visa financial requirement

Post by z18runway » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:18 pm

Is there any financial requirement for a 6 month visitors visa?
No
They ask lots of financial questions about the visit, but is there a particular level of income or savings that they are looking for.
Show the savings, show strong ties with home country, assets, deposits, land documents etc...
Also, can a 6 month visa be extended from within the UK?
No

limey10
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by limey10 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:21 pm

Thanks z18runway

That's about the most positive answer i've had for a while :-)

Don't know if this question has been asked before, but is it possible to apply for 2 visas at the same time.

Potentially, the spouse visa is going to take up to 90 days to complete, so while i wait, my wife could be with me (and more specifically her son) while we wait.

I know the difficult part will be getting the passport back so that she can travel, But theoretically, could it be done?

Regards, Phil

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:30 pm

but is it possible to apply for 2 visas at the same time.
no
Potentially, the spouse visa is going to take up to 90 days to complete, so while i wait, my wife could be with me (and more specifically her son) while we wait.
if you are applying for spouse visa better not to apply for visit visa, if you want proceed with visit before you apply spouse visa, then you must show strong ties that they will go back once their visa finishes and not overstayed.