ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yk1978
Newly Registered

NHS

Post by yk1978 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:35 am

Hi, my wife has just been given a uk spouse visa for just over 2.5 years from Morocco. On her visa it does say no access to public funds. My question is regarding the NHS.

Is she entitled to NHS treatment and a NHS number? I have read that she must pay for hospital treatment? if so should I be getting medical insurance? any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:27 am

As your wife is a Moroccan national, she can claim the following public funds (if necessary):
Page 22 wrote:Attendance allowance
Carer’s allowance
Child benefit
Child tax credit
Disability living allowance
Personal independence payment
NHS treatment is not a public fund for the purpose of immigration. See herefor more information.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

yk1978
Newly Registered

Post by yk1978 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:52 pm

thanks for the info

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:52 am

esima post split and moved here (click).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.