ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got it!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Got it!

Post by VirtualWaver » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:09 am

Hi guys,

Got my Tier 2 General visa for 3 years yesterday! Can't believe it's all over now! :) :) :)

First of all I would like to thank all of you for answering to all my stupid and silly questions - all your answers made a real difference! No more silly topics from me :) Thank you all, this is an amazing forum!

Now, here are documents I took with me. I was applying in person, switching from PSW to Tier 2 General.

My docs:

1. Passport
2. BRP
3. Police Registration Certificate
4. 2 photos
5. Bank statements
6. Degree certificate and transcript

Please note I DID NOT submit any payslips as they are not required anymore! This was a very discussed question in this forum so I can confirm that UKBA do not require PSW switchers to work 6 months for the company anymore, thus no payslips require!

My wife's docs (she was applying with me on the same time):

1. Passport
2. BRP
4. 2 photos
5. Bank statements (even though I had enough funds for us both in my account, she also provided her bank statements to show that she also has required funds, just in case)
6. Marriage certificate with translation

I can also mention that overall process was very smooth - it took just 2 hours from our appointment time to receive visa approval letter.

Hope this info will be helpful!

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

seracan
Newly Registered

Post by seracan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi,

I will apply tomorrow and my company will cover my maintenance funds, and they declared that when they were issuing my CoS.

I don't need to give any bank statements right?

Thanks!

maxoizs

Post by maxoizs » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:55 am

can you post it here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60823

so everyone can get benefit

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:08 pm

seracan wrote:Hi,

I will apply tomorrow and my company will cover my maintenance funds, and they declared that when they were issuing my CoS.

I don't need to give any bank statements right?

Thanks!
I don't think you need to provide paperwork, but my company did not tick it for me, so I did provide statements. Please read the Policy Guidance for more details. Good luck with your application! :)
maxoizs wrote:can you post it here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60823

so everyone can get benefit
Done! :)

wonda
Newly Registered

Re: Got it!

Post by wonda » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:23 pm

VirtualWaver wrote:Hi guys,

Got my Tier 2 General visa for 3 years yesterday! Can't believe it's all over now! :) :) :)

First of all I would like to thank all of you for answering to all my stupid and silly questions - all your answers made a real difference! No more silly topics from me :) Thank you all, this is an amazing forum!

Now, here are documents I took with me. I was applying in person, switching from PSW to Tier 2 General.

My docs:

1. Passport
2. BRP
4. 2 photos
5. Bank statements
6. Degree certificate and transcript

Please note I DID NOT submit any payslips as they are not required anymore! This was a very discussed question in this forum so I can confirm that UKBA do not require PSW switchers to work 6 months for the company anymore, thus no payslips require!

My wife's docs (she was applying with me on the same time):

1. Passport
2. BRP
4. 2 photos
5. Bank statements (even though I had enough funds for us both in my account, she also provided her bank statements to show that she also has required funds, just in case)
6. Marriage certificate with translation

I can also mention that overall process was very smooth - it took just 2 hours from our appointment time to receive visa approval letter.

Hope this info will be helpful!

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Congrats on your visa mate!

Please I've got a very specific question/request.

I read a previous post of yours on 2nd Oct. where you said you found it difficult finding a job description for a code that matches your duties, how did you resolve this?

Can you send the classification code you used (i.e. 2133 or any other) and a summary of your job description used on your Certificate of Sponsorship if that isn't too much to ask? I'm dragging this matter with my employer at the moment and I want to make comparisons since you've got your visa so that I'd know where I stand .

Please help me and I would really appreciate it.
Many thanks!