ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse settlement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hardraj

Spouse settlement

Post by hardraj » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi Guys,

Im hoping you can help clarify.

Essentially my partner lodged her application in India for a spouse settlement visa. I have ILR.

The visa was granted for 33 months. Now the question is when will the partner be able to apply for ILR? On the website it seems to say that after the current visa expires it needs to be renewed for a further 2.5 years. After 5 years that is when an ILR application can be lodged.

However in the letter that accompanied the visa it says that an ILR visa can be applied for after 2 years...

So Im confused.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:28 pm

Assuming the visa is a recent acquisition (applied for after July 2012 last year) the statutory period is 2.5 + 2.5. I can only imagine that letter is old or unrevised from the time before the rules changed.

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:32 am

Hi Raj

Could you let me know how long did it take four your wife's visa to arrive?