ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel with EEA2 share your experience please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sofia14
Newly Registered

Travel with EEA2 share your experience please

Post by Sofia14 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi everyone! Yesterday my solicitor called me with a great news, EEA1 and EEA2 was granted. We applied on 1st of September and received COA with right to work 10 days after. I am extremely happy and already planing to go home non eu country for couple of weeks. I go by myself ( my husband may visit me there for a week) but I will probably come back to UK on my own.
Please guys who already travelled with RC what do I need to take with me to airport on my way back? Do I need to have our marriage certificate and my husband payslips with me? Also what queue I need to take non eu or eu? Do I need to feel landing card?
Please advice! Thanks in advance:)

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

YoYohoney
Newly Registered

Re: Travel with EEA2 share your experience please

Post by YoYohoney » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:11 pm

Sofia14 wrote:Hi everyone! Yesterday my solicitor called me with a great news, EEA1 and EEA2 was granted. We applied on 1st of September and received COA with right to work 10 days after. I am extremely happy and already planing to go home non eu country for couple of weeks. I go by myself ( my husband may visit me there for a week) but I will probably come back to UK on my own.
Please guys who already travelled with RC what do I need to take with me to airport on my way back? Do I need to have our marriage certificate and my husband payslips with me? Also what queue I need to take non eu or eu? Do I need to feel landing card?
Please advice! Thanks in advance:)

HI Sofia

What you like to share your timeline.?

So that we can know how long EEA2 are taking after this new 55 pound fee ?

Sofia14
Newly Registered

Post by Sofia14 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:06 am

Hi sheraz7 thanks for the link but my question is about returning to the UK without my husband. I am not going to EU country. I just most likely will come back to UK without my husband and I want to know if I need to produce any other documents apart of my passport with RC to IO when I come to UK border.
My timeline
First eea2 app sent 14/07/12
COA 10/09/12 with right to work
Refusal 15/05/13 (after email to Rob Whitman)
Second app eea2 and eea1 sent 01/09/13
COA middle of September with right to wok
Yesterday 19/10/13 my solicitor told me eea1 and eea2 was issued and received by her , but I didn't see I yet , I will only collect it on Monday.
Best of luck to anyone waiting for RC:)

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:44 am

Sofia14 wrote:Please guys who already travelled with RC what do I need to take with me to airport on my way back? Do I need to have our marriage certificate and my husband payslips with me? Also what queue I need to take non eu or eu? Do I need to feel landing card?
I travel back into the UK routinely using my EEA2 RC, as recently as last night at Heathrow T1. Here's what I recommend:
1. What to present: besides your EEA RC and passport, you do not need to present anything to the immigration officer. Landing card is not required.
2. What to have with you: I always have my marriage certificate and spouse's employment letter just on the 1 in a million chance I lose my RC while away and need to re-enter the UK without it. I would never actually show that to the IO unless there was a specific reason to do so.
3. Which queue: whichever one you think will be quickest. With an EEA RC you're in the unique position of being able to pick either one. This is whether your spouse is with you or not. I mostly travel solo and use the EU queue 90% of the time. Regardless of the queue you pick, the landing card is never required. One recommendation: if you use the EU queue, when you hand your passport to the IO, say "I'm entering on an EEA residence card." This will head-off them saying "your in the wrong queue" when they see a non-EEA passport.

Sofia14
Newly Registered

Post by Sofia14 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:05 pm

GMB wrote:
Sofia14 wrote:Please guys who already travelled with RC what do I need to take with me to airport on my way back? Do I need to have our marriage certificate and my husband payslips with me? Also what queue I need to take non eu or eu? Do I need to feel landing card?
I travel back into the UK routinely using my EEA2 RC, as recently as last night at Heathrow T1. Here's what I recommend:
1. What to present: besides your EEA RC and passport, you do not need to present anything to the immigration officer. Landing card is not required.
2. What to have with you: I always have my marriage certificate and spouse's employment letter just on the 1 in a million chance I lose my RC while away and need to re-enter the UK without it. I would never actually show that to the IO unless there was a specific reason to do so.
3. Which queue: whichever one you think will be quickest. With an EEA RC you're in the unique position of being able to pick either one. This is whether your spouse is with you or not. I mostly travel solo and use the EU queue 90% of the time. Regardless of the queue you pick, the landing card is never required. One recommendation: if you use the EU queue, when you hand your passport to the IO, say "I'm entering on an EEA residence card." This will head-off them saying "your in the wrong queue" when they see a non-EEA passport.
Thank you very much for prompt and detailed response. Really appreciate that.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:11 pm

Hello Sofia, which airport/country/airline you flying with?

matt234
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by matt234 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:49 pm

Hi guys,
Just thought I'd share my latest experience travelling from and back to the UK with EEA2 RC.
I got a Schengen visa as my wife wasn't traveling with me.
Boarded a KLM flight to Berlin and had stopover at Amsterdam.

At Amsterdam:
Dutch Immigration officer: Where is your final destination today?
Me: Berlin
Dutch Immigration officer: What is the purpose of your trip?
Me: To see a friend
He then flips through my passport, while doing that, I told him my wife is an EU national and I live in London. He then noticed and scanned my data page and RC to check if they were genuine.
Dutch Immigration officer: Do you have a return ticket to London (I wonder why he asked, maybe he thought I'd prefer to stay in the Schengen area illegally)
Me: Yes, I do.
He stamped my passport and let me through.

On my way back, at London City Airport:
UK Border officer: Hello
Me: Hi (handed my passport over to the Border officer)
UK Border officer: So you're married to an EEA national? (closely examining my residence card)
Me: Yes, I am.
UK Border officer: What nationality is she?
Me: Spanish
UK Border officer: Thank you and welcome back.
Me: Thank you.

So easy. No stamp on my passport and I didn't fill landing card, although I was armed with my marriage certificate, reference letter from my wife's employer and UK Border guide prohibiting border officers from endorsing my passport etc.

I think it all depends on how confident you are at the entry port. If you know what you're doing, then all will go well by God's grace. Good luck to those who want to travel with their RCs.