ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born in Uk

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier2013
United Kingdom

Baby born in Uk

Post by tier2013 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:00 pm

Is a newborn born in the UK eligible for British citizenship if the parents are not citizens nor on ILR?

Thank You

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Baby born in Uk

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:02 pm

tier2013 wrote:Is a newborn born in the UK eligible for British citizenship if the parents are not citizens nor on ILR?

Thank You
NO
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:03 pm

However, once either parent is granted ILR the child will be entitled to register as British by virtue of section 1(3) BNA. If the child does not need to travel then no leave may be required and should not be considered an illegal entrant (as has not entered).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:15 pm

D4109125 wrote: If the child does not need to travel then no leave may be required and should not be considered an illegal entrant (as has not entered).
:D Not unless they start stationing Border Security in delivery rooms! I wonder where they'd put the stamps!

Also to note is that if the child lives the first ten years of their life in the UK (no more than 90 days absent in any given year), then they will have a lifetime right to register as British.
Last edited by ouflak1 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Android-Guy
Newly Registered

Post by Android-Guy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Also to note is that if the child live the first ten years of their life in the UK (no more than 90 days absent in any given year), then they will have a lifetime right to register as British.
what about 7 years rule? I think that would be an option.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:52 pm

Android-Guy wrote:
Also to note is that if the child live the first ten years of their life in the UK (no more than 90 days absent in any given year), then they will have a lifetime right to register as British.
what about 7 years rule? I think that would be an option.
That is for leave to remain, which they don't need as have not entered the UK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.