ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa for wife and 1 year son-chennai

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prabhuram25
Newly Registered

Settlement visa for wife and 1 year son-chennai

Post by prabhuram25 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:03 pm

hi Experts,

Applied settlement visa for wife and son together at Chennai vfs.

kindly please clarify, if my wife visa is rejected for not meeting English requirement will they grant permission to my son or both the application will be rejected?

After applying at vfs is their any chance of sending additional documents to British high commission, without their request?

Thanks in anticipation for your replies.

prabhuram25
Newly Registered

any inputs please

Post by prabhuram25 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi Please could someone share your inputs. Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:30 am

Send any additional documents before a decision is made, yes the whole application will be refused. Does your spouse not meet the A1 requirement?

What is your immigration status, where was the child born and what was your immigration status when the child was born?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

prabhuram25
Newly Registered

Post by prabhuram25 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:29 am

Thanks Guru!!!

I hold PR since Feb 2013,Son born in India(Chennai), at time of his birth I was on tier1.

Submitted all her educational certificates original, but did not do a NARIC comparability & English assessment.

Do we require originals for NARIC assessment?

Application submitted on 18/10/2013 at Chennai VFS. So think have enough time for decision.

And have a hope with your answer if you could kindly guide us how to submit additional documents to BHC will be grateful.
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:49 am

You need to supply a NARIC statement of comparability and proof it was taught in English ASAP unless the degree is on the PBS calculator and awarded points, in such case a print out of the points award should suffice.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

prabhuram25
Newly Registered

Post by prabhuram25 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi Thanks for spontaneous reply.

In the points calculator we get 10 points when we choose "bachelors degree from centre of excellence or prestigious university" which we are not sure to choose this option and also the case worker will do the same,
wife completed her Medicine from Philippines.

I have asked her to apply for Naric comparability, but I could not find anywhere how to send it across to BHC Chennai, kindly please help us on this.
I see we have ample of time to send the additional documents to avoid refusal.

Thanks again for your time and valuable inputs.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:34 pm

What is her degree (MBBS?) and what was the University?

prabhuram25
Newly Registered

Post by prabhuram25 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:38 pm

she completed her MD(Doctor of Medicine) from Angeles university in Central Luzon Philippines.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:06 pm

Country of study State Qualification Institution Length of course Subject Grade Year of award Points awarded
Philippines Bachelor degree Angeles University Foundation 5 years or less than 6 Medicine / Surgery 2000 0

If that is correct, then 0 points and thus you need to send a NARIC statement of comparability with proof it was taught in English.

prabhuram25
Newly Registered

Post by prabhuram25 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 pm

yeah ok I agree to your point I will be applying for NARIC comparability and English assessment will it be fine?

And please do share me the details to send these documents to BHC please. Thanks for your response.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:11 am

A NARIC statement of comparability and proof it was taught in English, not the English Language Assessment.

Send it to the ECO at the closest BHC.

prabhuram25
Newly Registered

Post by prabhuram25 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:55 am

what proof we could show that the degree is taught in English, the letter from university is not possible as it is in Philippines, am not sure whether they would send if we request via email. Please let me know if any other source of proof could be provided for degree taught in English. Thanks

Have applied for NARIC comparability.Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:07 am

An official letter or certificate from the institution is required to state the degree was taught in English if you can't get this then it'll have to be a test to meet the A1 requirement.

prabhuram25
Newly Registered

Post by prabhuram25 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:54 pm

Ok Thanks Guru for your time and inputs