ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for EU Residence Card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brandy79
Scotland

Applying for EU Residence Card

Post by brandy79 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:59 pm

Hi

My husband is about to apply for his EU residence card, I wanted to know is it better for him to have his PPS number before he applies? He arrived on 28 Sept and we are eager to apply for the residence card so he can work and so we can take holidays. We have every other piece of documentation they have requested. I am British he is Sri Lankan. I have been working since 6 Aug full-time in Dublin.

We don't have a joint bank account either, as it is hard to get to the bank when I am working full-time. Does that matter? It's not requested.

Thanks

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:00 am

Yes, i think it would be better if ur husband could get the PPS number before applying for residence card. The PPS office in Dublin is located in Parnell street, its very near to the cinema in Parnell street. You have to Q up to be attended and you could expect to stay in the PPS office up to 3 hours on that day. You could go the next day to get ur husband PPS number in person or will be posted in 5 working days on ur home address.

For PPS number your husband need his photo ID and proof of address.

You can also get a joint bank account if you wish to by going to the bank with a proof of address and both of ur passports. Yes its a very solid piece of proof to show that u both are living as a normal couple and your finances are shared....

P.S. AIB bank is open on Saturday in Santry and in Dundrum shopping centre in Dublin. This place is called "THE LAB". You can get more info on this link:

http://www.aib.ie/personal/online-services/thelab

You could also go to any AIB branch in ur lunch break to find out more about "THE LAB".

Good Luck

brandy79
Scotland

Post by brandy79 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:18 pm

Ok thanks so it is a fast service for PPS? My PPS appointment took nearly 2 weeks in Sligo. He can go in one day and collect the next?

Thanks for the info.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:15 pm

Yes, in Dublin u don't need an appointment. It's a walk in service. Try to go early morning and ur husband will get a ticket for the PPS number to see an officer.

The PPS numbers are generated in the incremental order by a computer system overnight, so next day ur husband can get his PPS number from the same office or it would be posted in few days.

Ur husband also need ur PPS number, date of birth, address, and all other personal details.

The PPS application form is consist of two pages (Front and back). The front page would be related to him and the back page would be related to you (Wife).

Good Luck

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:11 pm

Got my PPS number yesterday. It took full 5 working days until it arrived to our home address. We went to 197 Parnell St, Dublin 1
brandy79 wrote:Ok thanks so it is a fast service for PPS? My PPS appointment took nearly 2 weeks in Sligo. He can go in one day and collect the next?

Thanks for the info.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:13 am

Just a thought, is it possible to apply for a PPS number in Dublin if you're living somewhere else? E.g. Donegal.

Just thinking out loud here...

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:38 am

Check the social welfare website. When you click on an office address, it will show the areas covered by that specific office. If you see Donegal is covered under any social welfare office in Dublin, then Yes you can apply in Dublin.
chaoclive wrote:Just a thought, is it possible to apply for a PPS number in Dublin if you're living somewhere else? E.g. Donegal.

Just thinking out loud here...

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:29 am

Don't know if that was meant to be a sarcastic comment or just sounded sarcastic... however, thanks anyway

CC

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:35 pm

Please check this link:

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Personal ... Count.aspx

quote="chaoclive"]Don't know if that was meant to be a sarcastic comment or just sounded sarcastic... however, thanks anyway

CC[/quote]

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:17 pm

Thanks.