ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

changing job while on 5 years WP; job titles

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

latte
Newly Registered

changing job while on 5 years WP; job titles

Post by latte » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:04 pm

I'm thinking of changing a job, but how should I be careful with the new job title to the one I have now? how much does it have to be related?
My current job title; Japanese Sales manager (in music industory), but as the company is small and going through a lot of internal changes, I generally do more than this which includes accounts/admin issues and I'd like to go for admin/accounts position in a new job in music or international company.
should I inform HO of new tasks before I change? if so, where can I contact?

I have over a year left on WP, but as my company's going quite tight on personnel/money front (as of any music industory now..), so I'm thinking of leaving for a better position in another company. (is the reason of changing job asked when applying for HO by the way?)

Pease advice.
Many many thanks!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: changing job while on 5 years WP; job titles

Post by Wanderer » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:13 pm

latte wrote:I'm thinking of changing a job, but how should I be careful with the new job title to the one I have now? how much does it have to be related?
My current job title; Japanese Sales manager (in music industory), but as the company is small and going through a lot of internal changes, I generally do more than this which includes accounts/admin issues and I'd like to go for admin/accounts position in a new job in music or international company.

I have over a year left on WP, but as my company's going quite tight on personnel/money front (as of any music industory now..), so I'm thinking of leaving for a better position in another company. (is the reason of changing job asked when applying for HO by the way?)

Pease advice.
Many many thanks!
If you don't mind me asking - how did you get a WP for a job that seems to be fillable by a local person, unless of course u r Japanese and language is needed!

latte
Newly Registered

Re: changing job while on 5 years WP; job titles

Post by latte » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:05 pm

Wanderer wrote:
latte wrote:I'm thinking of changing a job, but how should I be careful with the new job title to the one I have now? how much does it have to be related?

Pease advice.
Many many thanks!
If you don't mind me asking - how did you get a WP for a job that seems to be fillable by a local person, unless of course u r Japanese and language is needed!
Not at all, Wanderer, I am Japanese and speak bilingual in the company.