ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to India on Indian pasport in the process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nnarapu
Newly Registered

Travelling to India on Indian pasport in the process

Post by nnarapu » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:09 am

Hi All ,

I have applied for my naturalization i got an approval letter and an invitation for naturalization on 10th december. I have a plan to travel to India on 16th december not sure whether i can travel on Indian passport. If yes , do i need to pay any penalty.

As i can not get my OCI process completed by that time not sure which is the best way for travel.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Narapu

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Travelling to India on Indian pasport in the process

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:18 am

Best option is to postpone your appointment to later date. You can utmost postpone it to 90 days.

Mean while keep an eye for Visa on arrival for britons.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:34 am

I believe you can travel for 3 months on the Indian passport before facing a penalty, I wouldn't postpone your appointment.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:31 pm

nnarapu wrote:Hi All ,

I have applied for my naturalization i got an approval letter and an invitation for naturalization on 10th december. I have a plan to travel to India on 16th december not sure whether i can travel on Indian passport. If yes , do i need to pay any penalty.

As i can not get my OCI process completed by that time not sure which is the best way for travel.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Narapu
They let you use your Indian passport for 3 months after naturalisation. So, attend your ceremony on 10th. Travel to India on your Indian passport as usual. Once you are back in UK, apply for British passport and then surrender Indian passport and do your OCI procedure etc if you want to.

nnarapu
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by nnarapu » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks for your answers.

It is clearly mentioned on HCILONDON website that there is a grace period of 3 months from date of naturalization to use Indain passport for travel

The Government of India has prescribed imposition of penalty on a graded scale for the violation of Passport Rules, depending on number of trips made on Indian passport after acquiring foreign nationality (with a three month grace period from the date of acquiring foreign nationality i.e. the date of Naturalisation certificate),

Link here :: http://www.hcilondon.in/renunciation.html

Regards,
Narapu

sahana6
Newly Registered

Post by sahana6 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:12 am

Hi,

I received letter from UKBA that my naturalisation application is approved and will be receiving an invitation letter for oath ceremony. I am due to travel to India on March 15th for 3 weeks and I am a bit worried now.

If I receive the letter before I go to India, can I take oath ceremenoy after I return from India.
Can I book an appointment for oath ceremony when I am in India?
If I travel to India after my naturalisation is approved, will my ILR status still be valid?
Should I travel to India before or after oath ceremony?

Many thanks.