ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from PSW visa to ILR dependent visa inside the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sneha17
Newly Registered

Switch from PSW visa to ILR dependent visa inside the UK

Post by sneha17 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:02 pm

Hi,

I am currently in PSW visa which is due to expire in March 2014. My husband obtained his ILR recently and we both are employed.

Can I switch from PSW to ILR dependent visa from inside the UK ? If yes, is FLR(M) the right application form to be used for this purpose ?

Can you also please mention about the documents required and maintenance or funds required for the application ?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Switch from PSW visa to ILR dependent visa inside the UK

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:21 pm

sneha17 wrote:Hi,

I am currently in PSW visa which is due to expire in March 2014. My husband obtained his ILR recently and we both are employed.

Can I switch from PSW to ILR dependent visa from inside the UK ? If yes, is FLR(M) the right application form to be used for this purpose ?

Yes.

Can you also please mention about the documents required and maintenance or funds required for the application ?

1. If no children then your Financial requirement threshold is £18600 pa and this is household income (You can combine both your income)
However, if you have children then you can use this Saving Calculator to see how much you might need to save for atleast 6 months prior to your application.

2. Further guidance on new English Requirement

3. Cohabitation documents.

and the rest should be clear from your FLR(M) Form & Guidance

Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:33 pm

You don't necessary need savings if you have child (non-settled or British), the financial requirement will just increase as per Annex FM 1.7. Moreover, if any children were born in the UK then they will be entitled to register as British by virtue of section 1(3) BNA.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sneha17
Newly Registered

Post by sneha17 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:50 pm

Thank you Damanisshallo and Amber for the quick reply :)

I have a question related to filling the application form. Please help.

It's section 6.9 in page 15 of FLR(M) form which says:

Have you lived together permanently in the UK with your sponsor since your last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner ? Yes/No

- I have been living with my husband. But, I was not granted LIMITED LEAVE TO REMAIN AS A PARTNER, as I was on my own PSW visa.

Can you please tell me whether this question should be left unanswered or just answer YES ?

sneha17
Newly Registered

Post by sneha17 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:48 pm

I got my visa under FLR(M) yesterday :) Considering the waiting times that were posted on this forum, I opted for the same day service.

I came to the UK as soon as I got married but, on a student visa and have been living with my husband since then. After a year, i obtained post study work visa. My husband obtained ILR 2 months ago hence, I now applied for his dependent visa using the FLR(M) form.

Regarding the confusion of questions in Section 6, this is what I had answered:

6.9 Have you lived permanently in the UK with your sponsor since your last grant of limited leave to remain as a partner ?

A: N/A
I wrote the following in the space provided "I have been living with my husband but my last grant of leave to remain was not as a partner but was on post study work visa"

6.10 Why do you not currently live with your sponsor ?
A: N/A

6.11 Have you ever lived with your sponsor within or outside the UK ?
A: Yes
I provided the list of address we lived previously in, along with the dates. I put these details in a separate sheet of paper and wrote a note in the space provided to find the attached sheet with the title "previously lived addresses"

6.12 Could you and your sponsor live together outside the Uk if necessary ?
A: Yes

Rest of the questions are straight forward.

The documents that I provided were :
- Mine and my husbands 6 months pay slips and bank statements
- Present tenancy agreement, council tax bill
- Previous 2 years council tax bill (to show co-habitation. We had both mine and my husband's name in all the council tax bills)
- Marriage certificate
- Letter from the employer

I have been granted 2.5 years of visa. I again have to apply for visa extension during which I have to show co-habitation and financial requirements again.

Hope this helps