ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent's status after getting ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

1n1le

Dependent's status after getting ILR

Post by 1n1le » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Hello All,
my question is
1)after the dependent is approved the ILR what is the individual status of the dependent?
Meaning is she/he independent after getting the ILR or still dependent to the main applicant?

2)if she/he is still dependent after ILR, when does the dependent become independent of the main applicant to live and work in the UK ?

Cheers

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Dependent's status after getting ILR

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:02 pm

1n1le wrote:Hello All,
my question is
1)after the dependent is approved the ILR what is the individual status of the dependent? Meaning is she/he independent after getting the ILR or still dependent to the main applicant?

ILR means you are out of Immigration Control.

2)if she/he is still dependent after ILR, when does the dependent become independent of the main applicant to live and work in the UK ?

Cheers
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

1n1le

Post by 1n1le » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:38 pm

Thanks.

So, while applying she(dependent) will apply as a dependent and once ILR is approved, she will be independent and she gets the same right as the primary applicant (me)?

And also does she have to look after the requirements for her naturalisation and the primary applicant will not have any affect on her application for naturalisation?

Cheers

1n1le

Post by 1n1le » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:05 pm

Guys, can any one clarify please? Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Once a dependent receives ILR there is no longer any dependency on the original main applicant (you).

For naturalisation, the standard requirements need to be met by each person applying, either 5 years or 3 years if married to a British Citizen.

The primary person (you) will not have any effect on her naturalisation application if she meets the 5 year requirement, but if the primary application receives BC, then spouse can apply on 3 years residence as spouse of BC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

1n1le

Post by 1n1le » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:30 pm

Thank you.

ursamyn
United Kingdom

Post by ursamyn » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:34 pm

I am just wondering if there is a Tier 1 (G) person who has a dependent, and after thet Main applicant gets the ILR, I am aware that we need to extend the dependents visa via FLR ( M ) form, but just wondering if what is said on the BIO Card, is it either Tier 1 ( G ) Dependent OR Dependent of a Settled Person.

Please let me know by your experiences.

Thank you.