ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born outside UK-both parent status ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rbd06
Newly Registered

Child born outside UK-both parent status ILR

Post by rbd06 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Dear Friends,

Could you please advice.

My child born in India in the month of July and we both the parents have an ILR status.
Presently child and mother are in India.
My query is whether child is eligible and apply for British citizenship from India?

" Recently applied for British Citizenship and expecting by the end of Nov13, Say if father has BC and mother on ILR status whether child could apply for BC from India in this instance?" Please advice

Kind Regards
RBD
Last edited by rbd06 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:19 pm

Child will have to return to the UK on ILE. Then apply to register as British under section 3(1) when either/both parents apply to naturalise. Only then can the child apply for a British Passport.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rbd06
Newly Registered

help required on British Citizenship

Post by rbd06 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:34 pm

D4109125 wrote:Child will have to return to the UK on ILE. Then apply to register as British under section 3(1) when either/both parents apply to naturalise. Only then can the child apply for a British Passport.

I am expecting an approval for British Citizen in couple of weeks.My second child born in India and presently child is in India with my wife(who holds ILR Status), just wondering what is the best process for my child to come to UK
Whether can I register him as a British Citizen from India
Or Do I need to apply for ILE?

Cheers
RBD06

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Child can't register from abroad (or to be precise - application can be made but very likely be refused). He will need ILE, live in the UK for a while and then can register.

maheshadate
Newly Registered

Re: Child born outside UK-both parent status ILR

Post by maheshadate » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Hi,
Me & my wife & my first kid has ILR visa. We are expecting a second baby and planning to send my daughter & wife for delivery in India. While I will continue to be in UK.
I have no plans to apply for British citizenship as of now.
My question is what visa application form do I need to submit for my new born & what will be babie's exact visa status. How long does this visa processing usually takes
It would be highly appreciated if I can be guided on this query.
Regards, Mahesh

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:20 pm

Child settlement visa.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kvg1922
Newly Registered

Post by kvg1922 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:26 pm

I am in similar position and exploring the followings option. Need to see if anyone has been successful using the "other cases" route.

UKBA Notes on Citizenship for children born outside UK
-------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... thercases/

"Other cases where it is considered to be in the child's best interests to be granted British citizenship

British citizen
This page explains how a child born abroad to British or non-Brtish parents can be registered as a British citizen if it is shown to be in their best interests.

Applications for registration will be considered at our discretion under section 3(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981. When deciding whether to register a child as a British citizen we will consider:

the child's connection with the United Kingdom; and
where the child's future is likely to lie; and
the parents' views; and
the parents' nationality; and
whether the child is of good character; and
the length of time the child has lived in the United Kingdom; and
any compelling circumstances such as a job offer or other opportunity which requires British citizenship.
There are no formal requirements that the child needs to meet. We will consider the individual circumstances of each application. When you make the application you should make sure you provide us with all the information you think is relevant to the child's case."