ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling back to UK with British passport or Indian passpo

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nswapnil
Newly Registered

Travelling back to UK with British passport or Indian passpo

Post by nswapnil » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:17 am

I have a query for my wife's travel to India

She had her Oath ceremony last week and next day she applied for her British passport. Passport process has a defined timeline of 6 week but most of the times we get it in 3-4 week. Once she get her British Passport she is planning to visit India for one month and after returning she will surrender her Indian passport and apply for OCI.

As I understand from old posts, she can travel to India within 3 months of taking oath ceremony as her Indian passport and BRP will be valid for 3 months to travel to India and Return. She will make sure that return date will fall within the 3 months criteria.

So while travelling to India she has to produce her Indian passport at all the check points at airport but I am not sure which passport to show while coming back because she will be holding a British passport as well, should she produce her Indian passport while leaving from India at Indian border and then British passport when arrive in UK at UK border? Or British passport at both the borders?

Please suggest.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Travelling back to UK with British passport or Indian pa

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:19 am

nswapnil wrote:should she produce her Indian passport while leaving from India at Indian border and then British passport when arrive in UK at UK border

nswapnil
Newly Registered

Post by nswapnil » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:24 am

Hi Jambo

You mean she should produce her Indian passport while leaving from India at Indian border and then British passport when arrive in UK at UK border ?

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:37 am

She will need to produce Indian passport and ILR BRP card when leaving India.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:52 pm

nswapnil wrote:Hi Jambo

You mean she should produce her Indian passport while leaving from India at Indian border and then British passport when arrive in UK at UK border ?
Yes.

nswapnil
Newly Registered

Post by nswapnil » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Thank You Jambo and Neoseal