ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr o application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bubba11
Newly Registered

Flr o application

Post by bubba11 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum, and need advice desperately. I'm an overstayer, arrived in the UK 2005 on a 2yrs Working Holiday visa. I'm South African, and have never left the UK since I arrived in 2005. In 2009 I met my husband who is a British Citizen who has a son 20yrs and daughter 17yrs from previous marriage both of them don't live with us. Moved together in 2010,2011 gave birth to my daughter, October 2011 we got married. We got a Solicitor in November 2012 who advised us to apply on a Flr M form as a spouse. In April 2013 we were refused with no right to appeal because I'm an overstayer and I have not been in the country for 20 yrs to qualify for private family life. They did not return my passport, marriage certificate, daughters birth certificate and other documents I had submitted.

Was interviewed by the Immigration Enforcement Team in July 2013. Who gave me the right to appeal only in South Africa and advised me to return home. They also said I could make a new application on Flr O. I am currently reporting to sign every week at the Police station and afraid of being detained. Could anyone please advise me on which category in the Flr O should I apply under. And any other advise is welcome. Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:46 pm

I'd assume it to be under "Family life as a parent of a child in the UK"
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:56 pm

See also, exception one.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

bubba11
Newly Registered

Re: FLR O application

Post by bubba11 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:22 pm

Thank you so much for taking your time into replying to my post. I have had a look at Appendix FM and exception one mentioned above. Which has been of great help to me.

Many Thanks
Bubba11