ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

anyone surrendered indian passport recently

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tusharagrawal

anyone surrendered indian passport recently

Post by tusharagrawal » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:35 am

Hi,
I submitted our applications for indian passport surrender at VFS London in person on 10th Oct 2013.
Received sms update on 12th Oct that its under process at HCI London.
No updates after that.
Just slightly concerned - any one experienced this kind of delays recently ?

Is there anything I can do ... ?

tusharagrawal

Post by tusharagrawal » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:36 am

I emailed vfs helpdesk and they sent a tracking link -
https://www.visaservices.co.in/IHC-UK-TrackPassport/(S(0qqq4s454oqi2p55hdpdekbo))/Track_Passport.aspx

https://www.visaservices.co.in/IHC-UK-T ... sport.aspx

On entering the details, it says no record found.

z18runway

Re: anyone surrendered indian passport recently

Post by z18runway » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:13 pm

tusharagrawal wrote:Hi,
I submitted our applications for indian passport surrender at VFS London in person on 10th Oct 2013.
No updates after that.

Is there anything I can do ... ?
Track your application in their website with the ref number provided to you. Or email them or call them( call charges are expensive)

Usually it only takes 3 working days from submitting to collecting.

bm_in_uk
Newly Registered

Post by bm_in_uk » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:07 pm

[quote]Hi,
No updates after that.

Is there anything I can do ... ?[/quote]

I have submitted mine and my wifes passport at the London office on the 10th Oct and have been checking the status everyday - even today (24th)- this is not what I have read in this forum.Would like to know if this is the general case.

Contacting the VFS via call and email -gives a robotic response- "As its with the High commission, we do not have any timelines for the processing"

tusharagrawal

Post by tusharagrawal » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:24 am

As bm_in_uk mentioned, online tracking status shows that its with HCI for further consideration.
And got the same email response as bm_in_uk ... so I guess calling VFS may not help as they would give a similar response.

We have our India trip planned and plan to get indian visa.
From their site -
"Under the Indian law, people of Indian origin, who have acquired foreign nationality, are required to surrender their Indian passport (nationality) to the High Commission of India in London or at the respective Indian consulates at Birmingham and Edinburgh before submitting their visa applications."

So we cant apply for visa until we get the surrender certificate!

Any other option ?

bm_in_uk
Newly Registered

Post by bm_in_uk » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:38 pm

[quote="tusharagrawal"]As bm_in_uk mentioned, online tracking status shows that its with HCI for further consideration.
And got the same email response as bm_in_uk ... so I guess calling VFS may not help as they would give a similar response.

We have our India trip planned and plan to get indian visa.
From their site -
"Under the Indian law, people of Indian origin, who have acquired foreign nationality, are required to surrender their Indian passport (nationality) to the High Commission of India in London or at the respective Indian consulates at Birmingham and Edinburgh before submitting their visa applications."

So we cant apply for visa until we get the surrender certificate!

Any other option ?[/quote]

Yes there is !,as I found out the hard way!!! I was frustrated with the VFS response and I emailed the HCI. I got a response that said that my certificates have already been sent to Hayes VFS ( a different centre to where I applied!!! --ten days ago!!! I applied at Goswell Rd). I am completely furious at this bungling of VFS.
VFS charges a huge premium for the simple task of checking documents and sending it to HCI and if it cannot do that, I don’t know what to say!.

I am looking for an escalation point within the HCI or VFS chain for an explanation. what is strange is VFS continues to "assure" me that the passports are with the HCI!!

May be you should check too!

tusharagrawal

Post by tusharagrawal » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:56 pm

which email id did you use to contact HCI ?

As you applied on 10th aswell, it cold very well be that something similar has happened to our application.

tusharagrawal

Post by tusharagrawal » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Ok, contacted HCI on ss.ppt@hcilondon.in
Got a response that the certificates were dispatched to VFS on 14th.
Didn't mention which VFS, hoping to get further info from them.