ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Implications of visa rejection on future visas applications

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nouna

Implications of visa rejection on future visas applications

Post by nouna » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:13 pm

I hope you guys could give your advice and thoughts on this:
My sister applied for a visit visa to Hungary and it was rejected for a stupid reason.. they said that she asked for a multiple entry visa whereas her hotel booking period did not have breaks in it for leaving then reentering the country (she asked for a multiple visa just in case she decides to go for a short trip to Vienna, etc while she's in Hungary).. she applied again and it was again rejected for another stupid reason.. she had a hotel booking from 6 to 13 April and when on 4 April the visa was still pending she canceled the booking to avoid a penalty and decided to rebook when the visa is approved, so they told her today that it is rejected again because they checked with the hotel and her booking was canceled!!! Now she is frustrated and does not want to ever go to this country.. she was never rejected a visa before! the problem is: would these rejections have any impact on any future visas she applies for (for example schengen or UK, etc)? should she mention on future visa application forms that she had been rejected a visa before? If she doesn't mention, do embassies check and have access to each other databases? has anyone been into a similar situation? Thanks for your help.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:09 pm

When requesting a visa in the future, almost all forms have a question: Have you ever been denied a visa before?

She will now have to answer yes and explain.

She should practice how to explain this as simply as possible while being perfectly truthful.

Yes, the governments of the world exchange information about visa applications. Hungary is part of the EU, so it will be sharing electronic data with all western nations, VERY especially within the EU.

If she ever lies on a visa application (or attempts to withhold information asked for), then she faces the problem of explaining a fraudulent visa application in the future .... so, it is a Bd Idea to be less than truthful.

The Admin

stedman

Post by stedman » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:43 pm

Most forms ask if the person has been denied that particular visa.. I can't remember ever being asked if I had been denied any visa on any visa form, and I have filled many in my short life!

darko

Post by darko » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:11 pm

Yeah, US visa application usually asks whether you have ever been denied US visa...not any visa.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:01 pm

Indeed, don't volunteer information that is not strictly asked for. Also I dont believe they ask this question on the schengen visa application, merely which countries have issued a visa to you.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:23 pm

darko wrote:Yeah, US visa application usually asks whether you have ever been denied US visa...not any visa.
Yes, I can't specifically recall being asked on a visa form whether I've ever been denied a visa (of any sort from any country) before. Plenty of visa forms ask if you've been denied a visa or entry to that country (e.g. the USA).

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:56 pm

Canada asks if you have been ever rejected for a visa when you apply for permanent residency.