ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage during judicial review, possible?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nacryma
Newly Registered

Marriage during judicial review, possible?

Post by nacryma » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:52 pm

Hello,

I am an EEA national and my fiancé is Pakistani.

7 months ago, he had been arrested by UKBA because he was working without work permit. Helping by a solicitor, we submitted a judicial review on grounds that we has been engaged. Our solicitor also submitted EEA resident card application to UKBA.

We have been waiting for answer since then for both EEA application and Judicial review and now we have decided to get married as we have been together for one year and half.

I asked our solicitor if it was possible to get married in these conditions to what he answered yes.

We have given notice to council but registrar informed us that UKBA might interfere and her way to say it worried us a little.

Please does anybody know if is it legal to get married while our judicial review is in process?

Thank you for your help,

Nacryma

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:16 pm

It is legal provided you can adduce evidence that your marriage is not one of convenience.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors