ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query| please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reserve_person
Newly Registered

ILR query| please help

Post by reserve_person » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:43 pm

hi I was applying for my ilr soon and I had confusion over one question i.e how long have you lived in uk for. I came to uk on a 3 year student visa in 2007 but went back in 2008 then came back in 2011 on spouse visa.so shall I write 2 years or 3 years stay in uk and what reason shall I give for my absence. I could not complete my course and went back early even though my student visa was for 3 years.i would appreciate help on this matter please.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:54 am

I'd say the latter.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

ILR query| please help

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:19 am

reserve_person wrote:]hi I was applying for my ilr soon and I had confusion over one question i.e how long have you lived in uk for. I came to uk on a 3 year student visa in 2007 but went back in 2008 then came back in 2011 on spouse visa.so shall I write 2 years or 3 years stay in uk and what reason shall I give for my absence. I could not complete my course and went back early even though my student visa was for 3 years.i would appreciate help on this matter please.
reserve_person wrote:my wife went to itay on a 3 day holiday withot me.i have to apply for ilr set m in a few weeks.do you think I have to tell on my form that my wife went to Italy for holiday for 3 days without me as it says on the form If you did not live together for any part of the 2-year period, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence. please help.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:19 am

I wouldn't worry about the 3 days separation.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.