ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New form - NARIC requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier_2_applicant

New form - NARIC requirement

Post by tier_2_applicant » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:53 am

Hi,

The new AN form requires a confirmation from NARIC that the qualification was taught in English.

This is different from previous requirement (for Tier 1/ILR) where NARIC ceritificate was not required as long as the qualification was available on points calculator and the college issued a certificate confirming English as the medium of instruction.

Am I misreading or misinterpreting anything?
Or is it too early to ask as HO may update the requirements?

Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:14 pm

I have requested an update/statement from the Home Office. As UKNARIC are unable to confirm whether or not a overseas Masters or PhD was taught/researched in English. They only assess Bachelors for the English Language Assessment. Seems that this has not been well thought through before releasing.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Thanks for the response D4109125.

Please keep us posted.

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:40 am

Hi D4109125 / Gururs / Senior Members,

Did you hear anything from Home Office about the NARIC requirement?

The following link is floating around on the forum:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... hip/kol-uk

It states different requirements - Please refer to the section 'Degrees taught in English' on page 3.

Could someone please enlighten me if the document on this link is still valid or will the new form/guidance override it?

Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:45 pm

Technically the rules out-weight the guidance. However, it does nothing but add confusion when the guidance is ambiguous.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.