ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which should I use - EEA 1,2 3 or 4 ???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

edilene1979
Newly Registered

Which should I use - EEA 1,2 3 or 4 ???

Post by edilene1979 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:19 pm

Hello All,
I hope you can help me. I am trying to figure out how to get my Step-Daughters an EEA stamp on their passports.

I am an EEA Citizen (Irish) and my Non-EEA Wife (Brazilian) got her ILR very recently. Her two Non-EEA daughters live here with us and we were going to apply for them when applying for ILR but were advised not to, to
avoid complicating the ILR.

So my question is can we use an EEA form.?
I think we should use EEA4 but im not sure..can you confirm?
Also the girls have outstayed their current visa..could that cause issues?

Regards

P.S. If you have any questions about our ILR experience please ask.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:35 pm

Only one post about a topic pls.

Need more information for getting aclear pciture. How old are your stepdaughters? What visa are they on.. the one that expired? How long have you been married and how long have your family been living with you. Did your wife get her ILR through the immigration route of the European route?
Jabi

edilene1979
Newly Registered

Post by edilene1979 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:57 pm

Hi there

My Stepdaughters are aged 10 and 7.
They are on a tourist visa.
We are married 2.5 years and the girls have been here a few months now.
My wife got ILR through immigration route.

cheers

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:58 am

Your step-daugthers will not be able to apply for the Permanent Residence/ILR using the EEA4 form as they have only been here for a few months. Also since you have only been married for 2.5 years they will not qualify as there is a minimum 5 years residency required as your family member to be able to do so.

The easiest thing would be to get them as dependant on your wife and then register them as British citizens when she gets naturalised, if she plans to do so. Alternatively you may apply for the Residence Card for them based on their relationship to you using the EEA2 form. But that is a 5 years wait for their PR/ILR!

I will let someone else comment on easier ways, if they see any.
Jabi

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:49 am

You are an EU citizen, and the daughters are dependent on you and your wife. It sounds like your wife has UK ILR and that is settled (though quickly!).

Under the European regulations, you can apply for a Residence Card (European law but issued by the the UK) for the daughters. You use for EEA2. This is free and should be quite straight forward. After they are in the UK for 5 years, you can then apply for a Permanent Residence Card (European law but issued by the UK). This is the equivalent of the UK ILR, but is free and easier to get.

You will likely have to prove that the father has given permission for the daughters to live in the UK, or that she has sole custody of the children.