ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Directors Loan Agreement format

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KumarTier1
Newly Registered

Directors Loan Agreement format

Post by KumarTier1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:07 pm

Could anybody send or post the Directors loan agreement format please (invested 50k entrepreneur team visa).

Very much appreciated if you can.

Many thanks

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Directors Loan Agreement format

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:38 pm

@ KumarTier1, the Directors loan agreement has no definite format. Its just a letter of agreement between you and your company stating the reason you borrow your company the money, the payment plan, and also interest to be paid by your company to you if any.

You can just draft a letter containing all the essential information and ask your accountant to certify it.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

KumarTier1
Newly Registered

@Olasunkanmi

Post by KumarTier1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:28 pm

Thank you for your message.

Does the legal agreement should be signed in the presence of some other person and along with his signature.... in the agreement ?

could you please confirm it for me!!!

Many thanks

Post by top » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:32 pm

yea you should do that to make it a legal document, get your accountant signing as a witness as it normally happens..

thanks..

Sonye

Post by Sonye » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:20 pm

Hello,

I paid in £40 to open the business account. Would I need a director's loan agreement for this small amount as well?

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:21 pm

@ Sonye, for accounting purposes, yes you need to keep all record of money paid into the business account and the reason, but most accountant always reconcile such payments and transactions during accounting period.

An accountant will be able to explain to you how to go about it.

Sonye

Post by Sonye » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:46 pm

@ olasukanmi thanks a lot! But can i just check that i dont need a directors loan agreement as one of the documents to be submitted for my application

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:37 pm

@ Sonye, if you have 50k in your personal account, then you don't need to proof any money in your business account for now as you are still applying under available funds which in this case is in your personal account.

Dasistfact

Post by Dasistfact » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:04 am

hi! We also need to show the period of that agreement. What period should be shown?

Dasistfact

Post by Dasistfact » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:23 am

How should sign the loan agreement if I'm a director and the only company shareholder at the same time?

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Dasistfact wrote:hi! We also need to show the period of that agreement. What period should be shown?

Its left to you to decide when you want your company to return back the money to you, you can choose 1yr or 10yrs. Its all your decision.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:11 pm

Dasistfact wrote:How should sign the loan agreement if I'm a director and the only company shareholder at the same time?
Its your agreement and you are the one to sign it but its better to let your accountant attest it.

Haq Jhandeer
Newly Registered

Post by Haq Jhandeer » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:33 pm

Can director take loan from ompany

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:12 pm

@ Haq Jhandeer, normally director can take loan from a business with proper documentation, but in the case of the Tier 1 entrepreneur visa you need to be very careful because the purpose of the visa is to invest either 50k or 200k within 3yrs and if you take loan from the business, I guess you should keep in mind that Home Office will ask questions. Consult an experience accountant for better advice.

Dasistfact

Post by Dasistfact » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:
Dasistfact wrote:hi! We also need to show the period of that agreement. What period should be shown?

Its left to you to decide when you want your company to return back the money to you, you can choose 1yr or 10yrs. Its all your decision.
Thanks for the advice. How do you think what period of loan HO are expecting to see? maybe 5 years?

confused90

Post by confused90 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Could I also have a copy of director's loan please?

I intend on repaying myself with the director's loan, as soon as the company has made enough profits and has enough to repay me back.