ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hungary/Czech Republic: Applying for Residence Cards/timings

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Hungary/Czech Republic: Applying for Residence Cards/timings

Post by chaoclive » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:01 am

I'm interested about hearing if anyone on here has had any experience of applying for residence cards etc. in Hungary?

I'm thinking about going there and taking my civil partner with me to live for a period before applying under Surinder Singh (back to the UK or Ireland) but haven't been able to find much info, apart from the official process on how to apply for these cards. There's a lack of info about how long it takes to get one etc.

I'd also be interested in hearing about the Czech Republic!

Thanks!
CC

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:50 pm

The procedure ought to be the same for each member state. Obtain a job, apply for residence certificate. Partner applies for residence card.

There is no requirement to have had a residence card or certificate in order to benefit from Singh.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:01 am

Cool. Thanks for that.

I know that the process should be quite similar, but I was also thinking about how long it takes to get a residence card, e.g. are there any countries that are very efficient at getting residence cards out to non-EEA nationals? I know this is hard to answer, but any info about personal experiences would be great.

I'm considering where might be the best place to work outside the UK/Ireland.

Cheers from Beijing
CC