ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ITProjMgr
Newly Registered

ILR Eligibility

Post by ITProjMgr » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi,

I worked in UK on work permit from Nov-2008 to Nov-2010. As the visa got over, I went back to India in Nov-2010.
My company started processing new COS and visa for me in Feb-2011 using which I travelled back to UK in March-2011. I am working here in UK since then.
The gap between 2 VISAs is around 4 months.

As I will complete 5 years in UK with a gap of 4 months between 2 VISAs, can someone please let me know whether I amd still eligible for ILR and can still apply for ILR in Nov-2013? Not sure whether the gap in 2 VISAs is a problem, hence the question.

Thanks.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:18 pm

if the new entry clearance was applied within 28 days of the previous leave expiry (or sooner) then continuous residence is maintained
Manka