ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on few key points

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amina90
Newly Registered

Query on few key points

Post by Amina90 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:14 am

Good afternoon every one,
I have few questions regarding application.

1- How I can get Original HMRC CT41G letter ?
2- is that possible if I can start my business as a self employed from home or do I must have office at the time of application?
3- Most important shall do I need to show trading activity before filing application or I just go along with my optimistic plans??

All advises are really appreciated in advance.

Amina

Tamicos
Newly Registered

Re: Query on few key points

Post by Tamicos » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi Amina

I don't know much but from what I read it's doesn't matter where your business is.
You don't need to be trading but have to convince your business or work is real I.e contract could be upcoming or communication to give you contract or work.

Then CT41G comes through post when you register with HMRC for tax but that's mainly for companies.

for self employed they need more read policy again

Amina90 wrote:Good afternoon every one,

2- is that possible if I can start my business as a self employed from home or do I must have office at the time of application?
3- Most important shall do I need to show trading activity before filing application or I just go along with my optimistic plans??

Amina

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:48 pm

You definitely need to read guidlines first.
when you will register your company wityh comanies house,you will get HMRC unique tax reference number for company which is CT41G after 7-10 days.

You can start as self employed from home but you need to justify why you have not rented an office and when you gonna do that to clarify or support your application,otherwise,office can be in home,no restriction.

You need to show trading activity definitely in form of letter from bank with whom your company will have business account that company is active /trading OR one contract from those whom your company provide services.

Good luck and if I am wrong sorry from gurus Olasunkami and Darvesh

Amina

Post by top » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:49 pm

dear sir,

well if you read the policy & guidance before considering this forum should give you complete idea as you know your situation and business. where as tax form from HMRC you do not have to apply for it, as a company receives it in 4 weeks after incorporation to its company registered office however for self employed ones tax documents and implications you should read the policy carefully or take a professional help on it.
thanks..

Amina90
Newly Registered

Post by Amina90 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Tamicos wrote:Hi Amina

I don't know much but from what I read it's doesn't matter where your business is.
You don't need to be trading but have to convince your business or work is real I.e contract could be upcoming or communication to give you contract or work.

Then CT41G comes through post when you register with HMRC for tax but that's mainly for companies.

for self employed they need more read policy again

Amina

@ Tamicos, Thanks for you prompt reply well that's mean I don't really need to start my business operation before I will get visa?? Also if I am working from home do I need to get any special arrangements for business?

Post by top » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:45 pm

DO NOT GET MISLED on being active in business and provision of services.

one and only thing after the provisions of documents if could safe you is the trading activities I can not understand why some one could even say the business activities are not important.

I call upon seniors and responsible people of this forum to come forward to take a serious note about said post.

thanks..

Amina90
Newly Registered

Post by Amina90 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:58 pm

top wrote:DO NOT GET MISLED on being active in business and provision of services.

one and only thing after the provisions of documents if could safe you is the trading activities I can not understand why some one could even say the business activities are not important.

I call upon seniors and responsible people of this forum to come forward to take a serious note about said post.

thanks..
@ Top, I appreciate your concern but can you please give some solid prove from policy guide line about your argument.
Also my point was as my business is still in development process so I am not sure if I could launch my actual product in market by the end of current leave apart from that I have no intentions to make my simple application tangled

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:48 pm

@ Amina90, to start trading activities does not necessarily mean to be offering your service immediately, it simply mean you are in the process of doing that or you are already doing it. Part of the trading activities includes; advertisement, launching website, sending out flyers and business cards, registering with HMRC, getting business office if necessary and also getting signed contract from prospective clients.

But one important issue is that if you are already offering a service to your clients, then you will have satisfy the Home Office genuinety test to a certain level.

Also your type of business will determine if home office is appropriate or not. For example, a mechanical engineer can not show home address as business address whereas, a website designer or software engineer could use home address as business address.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Amina90
Newly Registered

Post by Amina90 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:43 am

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ Amina90, to start trading activities does not necessarily mean to be offering your service immediately, it simply mean you are in the process of doing that or you are already doing it. Part of the trading activities includes; advertisement, launching website, sending out flyers and business cards, registering with HMRC, getting business office if necessary and also getting signed contract from prospective clients.

But one important issue is that if you are already offering a service to your clients, then you will have satisfy the Home Office genuinety test to a certain level.

Also your type of business will determine if home office is appropriate or not. For example, a mechanical engineer can not show home address as business address whereas, a website designer or software engineer could use home address as business address.

Good afternoon Olasunjanmi,
Thank you so much for your detailed advise so it that possible if I register company at home address but use documents for office contract in application?
Also do I need to get any legal advise ( solicitor ) before submit my application? Last thing can you please explain genuinely test?
Also any general advise or key points I need to consider in prep?
Tons of thanks .. :)

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:14 pm

@ Amina90,

Thank you so much for your detailed advise so it that possible if I register company at home address but use documents for office contract in application?
This question is not clear, do explain what you mean.

Also do I need to get any legal advise ( solicitor ) before submit my application?
If you know everything that is expected of you as stated in the policy guidance and immigration rules, then you don't need any solicitor to submit your application but its your choice as some are comfortable when experienced solicitor handle their case.

Last thing can you please explain genuinely test?
Genuinety test is simply series of query that caseworkers might use to find out if an applicants is a genuine entrepreneur. But this query are usually different with every applicants depending on their immigration history or caseworker discretion.

Also any general advise or key points I need to consider in prep?
All you need to do is read policy guidance and immigration rules from first page to the last and you will find everything you need for your application.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.