ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success Solihull on 22nd Oct 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kinder2013
Newly Registered

ILR success Solihull on 22nd Oct 2013

Post by Kinder2013 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:04 pm

I got my ILR on Tuesday last week under ancestry category
Appointment 10:30
I arrived at 10:00.
Security check, then a guy at the reception counter checked if I had the right form for ILR- Set(o), also checked my payment sheet. I was advised to go and have a sit, then after 3 mins someone brought a ticket. At 10:15 my ticket number was called out.....
at the counter..the guy (not case worker) asked what I was applying for and wanted all the documents I had to support my application. He checked them and asked for photocopies, so I gave him the copies. the he gave me a paper to read and sign. He then advised that he is passing my documents to a case worker and asked me to go to the waiting area..with my passport.
After 5 mins I was called to have biometrics done, and signed another paperwork. The lady at biometric took my passport and told me to go to waiting area. I waited for 5 mins,then someone came to me and said I could go out to town and come back at 1pm..so I left the building at 11:00..then (the longest wait ever)!
I went back at 1pm, the guy at reception counter had my documents and said u will receive your biometric card in 7-10days.
I had my biometrics on 24th October at 7:30am!

Advise: Arrive 30mins before the appointment, not earlier..as the lady who opened the door did check my appt time before letting me in. they allowed my partner to come in with me...he was not applying. So u can go with someone if u want.
Take minimum documents, only the required documents
Take photocopies..on separate folder
Thanks everyone for your advice, this forum has helped a lot
Ask if you have any questions....All the best!

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Congratulations.....

closer25

Post by closer25 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:54 am

Congrats

JShah

Post by JShah » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Congratulations Kinder2013,

I hope you will be able to help me filling my form as I m applying for ILR this month.

Q 5.7 Page 12 says
Please give start and end dates of the period of maternity, paternity or adoption related abscence.

Do I need to ans this quest as I had a week paternity leave in july 2012.
But let me clarify it that those PL does not come under my last 12 month pay which I will be claiming point for.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Regards

Kinder2013
Newly Registered

Post by Kinder2013 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:26 pm

Q 5.7 Page 12 says
Please give start and end dates of the period of maternity, paternity or adoption related abscence

Sorry I did not have to fill in this question, I hope someone else could help you on this