ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Born Baby Staying in india and holds Indian Passport.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guyinlondon

UK Born Baby Staying in india and holds Indian Passport.

Post by guyinlondon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:59 am

Dear Experts,

Need your help i am posting this question on behalf of my friend.

My friend holds british passport and his wife and son holds indian passport.

His son was born here in UK but since last few years they are in India. Now he wants to come back to uk.

Can he apply for british passport for his son on the basis of his son was born in UK and his father held british citizenship when he was born ?

Please respond to my query. My friend really need help.

Thanks in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:26 pm

The child can apply for a British passport from India but doing so he will lose his Indian citizenship. Probably better (and faster) would be to apply for Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode to be placed in his Indian passport.

guyinlondon

Post by guyinlondon » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:46 pm

Jambo wrote:The child can apply for a British passport from India but doing so he will lose his Indian citizenship. Probably better (and faster) would be to apply for Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode to be placed in his Indian passport.
Thanks you Jambo. You guys rock. Always there to help.

Thanks once again!!!!!!!!!!!