ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport return request - unusual response

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wb00
Newly Registered

Passport return request - unusual response

Post by wb00 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi mates!
I have requested the return of my passport through post and online form and received an unusual response.
Just so you understand my situation, I have applied in August and my first application was denied based on lack of evidence of my wife's self employment. I reapplied and also filed a paper appeal in the beggining of the month, and received a CoA without right to work.
In my post request, I requested the return of my passport along with the acknowledgement of the possession of my passport, and emition of a CoA stating my right to work.
Today I received a letter from UKBA stating that my documents have been retained and my case has been passed to North London Immigration, Compliance and Engagement Team, and that I should phone them in the number provided to discuss the return of my passport.
I have called them a number of times and had no response.
The question is: why they have sent my documents to the local enforcement team? Do they plan to remove me? In my refusal letter it did not state that I have to leave the UK.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:02 pm

As I understand HO retained your passport on your first application.

Now you sent another application,so untill HO not satisfied that you meet the requirement and you have the right to reside in the uk under EU law,they will not give you your passport.

MariPP
Newly Registered

Post by MariPP » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Send an email to:

LNC22RODsInbox@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

You will get a response. As far as the self-employed part, this is what I got from them since I was in a similar situation:

"we require further evidence that your EEA sponsor is self employed, bank statements specifically UK to show receipt of income, also evidence that he has registered with HMRC and he is paying national insurance etc. we expect to see this evidence if he is trading in the United Kingdom"

Best wishes!