ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESOL test vs Degree Taught in English

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

roomanalisyed

ESOL test vs Degree Taught in English

Post by roomanalisyed » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:07 pm

Hello Everyone,

My question is very simple -

1. Even if I have Degree taught in English ( 10 point scored always from list of universities and degree from point based calculator on UKBA site ) is it necessary to clear ESOL test ?

2. Is it mandatory for dependent (Adult) to clear ESOL as well ?

Looking forward for the response.

Thanks,
Rooman

legend786

Post by legend786 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi,
If you have degree from here taught in english or from any english speaking country then you no need to pass Esol exam to show your english capability but any adult in your family, yes they have to do it, if they also have degree taught in english otherwise
Hope it helps

nolada

Post by nolada » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:05 am

@legend786, there are some countries not English speakers and you can have a course taught in English ...

legend786

Post by legend786 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:08 am

That's right! Non English countries also offer degrees taught in England! then you have to go through Naric etc. If anybody can evaluate their degrees through that's fair enough but it takes bit longer I guess!

nolada

Post by nolada » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:53 am

Grrrrrrrr is it enough to show that the degree recognized on the calculator that is taught in English!! Most in here are confused so do i