ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for Minor

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR PBS Dependent extension Application Supporting Docs

Post by Babajee85 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been granted ILR (HSMP + Tier 1 General) recently.I am going to apply for my wife visa extension as PBS Dependent using the form (Application form for Tier 1, 2 and 5 dependants of points-based system).

As far i know via guidance notes that we just need to provide the three months bank statements for maintenance.

Please could someone advise that i need anything else as well.

Marriage Certificate
Letter from Hospital
GP Register certificate
etc to prove the address.

I already have joint bank account with her too.

Please advise do i need the above docs too or just three months statements will do the job.

Thanks

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR PBS Dependent extension Application Supporting Docs

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:15 pm

Babajee85 wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been granted ILR (HSMP + Tier 1 General) recently.I am going to apply for my wife visa extension as PBS Dependent using the form (Application form for Tier 1, 2 and 5 dependants of points-based system).

As far i know via guidance notes that we just need to provide the three months bank statements for maintenance.

Marriage Certificate
Letter from Hospital
GP Register certificate

Please advise do i need the above docs too or just three months statements will do the job.

Thanks
Any one there Plz ?

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:11 am

Babajee85 wrote:

Marriage Certificate
Letter from Hospital
GP Register certificate

Thanks
Any one there Plz ?
Your passport and visa copy
photo
Bank statements - 3 months
Bills or coun. tax
fee

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:21 pm

rubina20102010 wrote:
Babajee85 wrote:

Marriage Certificate
Letter from Hospital
GP Register certificate

Thanks
Any one there Plz ?
Your passport and visa copy
photo
Bank statements - 3 months
Bills or coun. tax
fee
she has not got any bills.we have inclusive everything property.
I have got few letters from NHS and one credit card company ,will these docs will be enough

what about marriage certificate

Do i just need to send ILR approval letter (photocopy) because i have not recived the BRP card yet

Please advise

Thx

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Please help me about the situation

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi Guys,

I have got ILR and my wife three years PBS Dependent Extension Visa & Daughter ILR. My Wife & Daughter joined me on 9th June 2012.My daughter got ILR while i applied for it and wife got the three years PBS dependat extension.Me and my daughter applied for ILR on 15th December 2012.My wife got 3 years extension till December 2015

So the queries are:

1:My wife and daughter want to go back home and want to stay for one Year there.If they both stays for 1 year out of country , Can my daughter apply for British passport once she will be back. OR she needs to stay for 1 year in UK to apply for it.

2: I now my wife need to stay for two years in UK to apply for ILR. She has been here for 10 months already.So if she goes back home and come back after 1 year then spend another 1 year in UK to complete two years , will she be able to apply for ILR

OR she needs to spend two years consecutive in UK to be eligible for ILR.

3:Can my daughter apply for British passport from back home while she will be there.Because we both will be due to apply for British passport in December 2013.

Please advise .Thanks in anticipation ![/b]

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Please help me about the situation

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:09 am

I have got ILR and my wife three years PBS Dependent Extension Visa & Daughter ILR. My Wife & Daughter joined me on 9th June 2012.My daughter got ILR while i applied for it and wife got the three years PBS dependat extension.Me and my daughter applied for ILR on 15th December 2012.My wife got 3 years extension till December 2015

So the queries are:

1:My wife and daughter want to go back home and want to stay for one Year there.If they both stays for 1 year out of country , Can my daughter apply for British passport once she will be back. OR she needs to stay for 1 year in UK to apply for it.

2: I now my wife need to stay for two years in UK to apply for ILR. She has been here for 10 months already.So if she goes back home and come back after 1 year then spend another 1 year in UK to complete two years , will she be able to apply for ILR

3:Can my daughter apply for British passport from back home while she will be there.Because we both will be due to apply for British passport in December 2013.

Anyone expert there ? Please guide me ASAP. I have to make decision. Thx

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:05 pm

Not an expert on family visas, and I have only a precursory understanding of naturalisation requirements.

1.) No.
2.) Probably not. They don't do things 'non-consecutively' in general. In the case of other visas, you are deemed to have broken residency when you leave for 6 months.
3.) Definitely not. There are residency requirements for naturalisation.

Also, your wife is no longer a pbs dependent as you are no longer a pbs migrant. She needs to swap over to a spouse visa...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:14 pm

physicskate wrote:Not an expert on family visas, and I have only a precursory understanding of naturalisation requirements.

1.) No.
2.) Probably not. They don't do things 'non-consecutively' in general. In the case of other visas, you are deemed to have broken residency when you leave for 6 months.
3.) Definitely not. There are residency requirements for naturalisation.

Also, your wife is no longer a pbs dependent as you are no longer a pbs migrant. She needs to swap over to a spouse visa...
in that case best to leave for more knowledgable members to respond rather than guessing and giving incorrect information

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:17 pm

So the queries are:

Only British citizens can apply for British passports. How old is your daughter? Was she born inside or outside the UK?

deep31
Newly Registered

Post by deep31 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:22 pm

1) is your daughter born in uk?

[/quote]

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Greenie wrote:

So the queries are:

Only British citizens can apply for British passports. How old is your daughter? Was she born inside or outside the UK?
She is two years old and she was born outside UK.She came as PBS dependent visa till the duration of my tier 1 visa.Then we both applied for ILR together and right now we both have ILR.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:00 pm

deep31 wrote:1) is your daughter born in uk?

[/quote]

No. She was born back home.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

British Passport for Baby with ILR..Please advise

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:36 pm

Babajee85 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

So the queries are:

She is two years old and she was born outside UK.She came as PBS dependent visa till the duration of my tier 1 visa.Then we both applied for ILR together and right now we both have ILR.
Hi Moderators/Guys,

Please advise me ,I need to take decision and so much confused .

Thanks in anticipation !

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:44 pm

It may be simplest if your wife remains in the UK until she is granted ILR.

Child's British citizenship registration will be subject to discretion (3(1)).
See also 9.17.5, etc., if child is outside the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:40 pm

vinny wrote:It may be simplest if your wife remains in the UK until she is granted ILR.

Thanks for your reply...What If wife stays here for two years and get ILR...Then When can i apply for my child British passport. please advise ?

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:32 pm

vinny wrote:It may be simplest if your wife remains in the UK until she is granted ILR.

Please can someone let me know which form should i use to apply and when can i apply.Please advise.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:43 pm

Babajee85 wrote:

Please can someone let me know which form should i use to apply and when can i apply.Please advise.

Thanks
Your child's application will be assessed on its own merits so things that are important for example are the parents nationality, the ties in the UK etc...

To strengthen your child's registration case you would be better waiting until at least your wife is settled and preferably naturalised. Though the fact your child is settled should be in her favour and perhaps allow for registration earlier. The form would be MN1
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

British Citizenship for Minor

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi Guys,

please could you help me in the following queries.

Father: ILR

Wife: Tier 1 Dependent Visa (Will be eligible for ILR in next 6 Months on the base of 2 Years residence in UK)

Daughter: ILR (Born abroad)

Queries:

I will be eligible for BC in December 2013.

1: Can my daughter apply for BC while i will be applying for my own BC even though my wife has not got ILR yet.

2: If my daughter travel out of UK and stay there for next couple of months and can i apply for her citizenship while she will be out of UK after getting my own BC.

Thanks in anticipation !

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:24 pm

To cut the long story short,
Very high risk of refusal. No point wasting money. Wait till your wife gets ILR.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:42 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:To cut the long story short,
Very high risk of refusal. No point wasting money. Wait till your wife gets ILR.
Thanks for the reply.But i do not want to apply for my Wife ILR. They need to travel out of country for at least one year.

So my plan was if in any case my daughter can get the BC before travelling.

is there any other solution or suggestion please

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:53 pm

No other solutions I am afraid. Being polite I said very high risk of refusal.

I should have said, guaranteed refusal. :(