ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS calculator not awarding points for my bachelors degree

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BalajiSundaram
Newly Registered

PBS calculator not awarding points for my bachelors degree

Post by BalajiSundaram » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:29 am

Please can some one advise on this ?

I'm now on Tier 1 General visa. I will be applying for my settlement by December 2013. I've tried to use PBS calculator for my bachelors degree qualification, but it fails to award me points for it. It only recognizes the Masters and Ph.D degrees.

My first tier1 visa was issued on the 6th April 2009. So when i keyed in this data in the PBS calculator now, it picks up the rule which was in place in April 2009 which allowed only people with masters and Ph.D qualifications to apply. But indeed I have applied by post before this rule (by march). When i key in say 23-march-2009 as my first successful tier 1 visa it awards me points for my bachelors degree.

I'm confused now to key in which data for my first successful tier 1 application, my tier1 visa says 6th April 2009 as validity start date, but infact the actual application was made by post in march 2009.

I appreciate any response on this.

Regards
Balaji

BalajiSundaram
Newly Registered

Re: PBS calculator not awarding points for my bachelors degr

Post by BalajiSundaram » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:33 pm

BalajiSundaram wrote:Please can some one advise on this ?

I'm now on Tier 1 General visa. I will be applying for my settlement by December 2013. I've tried to use PBS calculator for my bachelors degree qualification, but it fails to award me points for it. It only recognizes the Masters and Ph.D degrees.

My first tier1 visa was issued on the 6th April 2009. So when i keyed in this data in the PBS calculator now, it picks up the rule which was in place in April 2009 which allowed only people with masters and Ph.D qualifications to apply. But indeed I have applied by post before this rule (by march). When i key in say 23-march-2009 as my first successful tier 1 visa it awards me points for my bachelors degree.

I'm confused now to key in which data for my first successful tier 1 application, my tier1 visa says 6th April 2009 as validity start date, but infact the actual application was made by post in march 2009.

I appreciate any response on this.

Regards
Balaji
Any suggestions? Thanks

BalajiSundaram
Newly Registered

Post by BalajiSundaram » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Can any one help on this?

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:22 pm

you will be awarded the same points for qualification as your previous T1 application
Manka

suds19

Post by suds19 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:27 pm

https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... R_502_HELP
Points-based calculator - help
Enter the date you first successfully applied under Tier 1 of the points-based system.

Date of application
For applications made from inside the UK this will be taken to be:
- where the application form was sent by post, the date of posting; or
- where the application form was sent by courier, the date on which it was delivered to the UK Border Agency or the Home Office; or
- where the application form was submitted in person at a Public Enquiry Office, the date on which the application and associated payment was accepted.

For applications made from outside the United Kingdom this will be taken to be:
- the date that the fee associated with the application was paid. This means the date shown on your payment receipt, which depends on how you paid for your visa application, for example, at a British Diplomatic Post, visa application centre or online.

So in your case it will be 23-march-2009 if that is the date of posting.

BalajiSundaram
Newly Registered

Post by BalajiSundaram » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:41 pm

Thank you very much Manka and Sudhanshu.

Regards
Balaji