ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India Tourist Visa - Documents from Parents ?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nswapnil
Newly Registered

India Tourist Visa - Documents from Parents ?

Post by nswapnil » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:03 pm

I am Indian origin and recently become British citizen by Naturalisation. I have applied for my OCI but it’s taking time so I am thinking of applying for a visitor visa.
My parents are staying in India and I do visit them every year, till now I have visited them on Indian passport but now I have a British passport and I have already cancelled by Indian passport, my question is do i need any kind of document from my parents? I will be staying with them during my visit. My cancelled Indian passport actually have the same address of India.

Thanks.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:09 am

No, Since you are Indian Origin, you do not need any written documents from your parents. However, you might need to mention the places you wish to visit whilst your stay in India. Refer to the VFS site for further details.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

nswapnil
Newly Registered

Post by nswapnil » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Thanks Damanisshallo,

I have made the application today. Yes they just took photocopy of surrender certificate.