ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking at the future: what current rules say

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Andy12
Mood:
India

Looking at the future: what current rules say

Post by Andy12 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi all,

My current scenario is I am on PSW and a company is willing to sponsor me. I understand I am exempted from RLMT and this switch can be an in-country switch. As par SOC2010 guideline, I am classified under 2139 category.
While I have every intentions to stay with this company for a very long time, say at least 8 years, but just wondering, if in future I am offered a better position after I switched to Tier 2,

1. Will that new employer need to do the RLMT ?
2. Will I be able to switch within UK itself?
3. Will I fall under unrestricted category or restricted category that time?
4. Say I stay with my current company with tier 2 for 3 years and then another company sponsors me. How many days in between will be allowed so that there will not be any breaking period for ILR application after I spend 5 years in UK with Tier 2? (I know about salary restrictions from 2016, but I am already over that limit)

Please note I am looking for answers under current rules.

Thank you very much in advance,
Andy

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:29 pm

Rules change all the time 2016 is still far ahead for anyone to guess what visa categories will be open to apply. it could be that until then certain categories cease to exist but opening of other routes is always a possibility considering the UKs economy is recovering.

stay tuned to sites like this and always be intouch with the changing rules not just immigration but the rest as well.